Covid Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The interesting thing about these number is related to South Dakota. I heard the SD governor on Hannity a couple days ago saying she did not shut down her state. She provided information and asked folks to stay home, but did not shut down restaurants, retail shopping or anything else.

The majority of SD cases are related to a pork plant that had over 400. This amazes me that the virus spread through the plant, especially thinking that the plant should be one of the most sterile places to work.

From FOX news today:
upload_2020-4-17_12-45-18.png

upload_2020-4-17_12-45-29.png

You can find the numbers on other states on the Fox site.
https://www.foxnews.com/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a link to the story about the pork plant?

Here's one:

Governor Kristi Noem Vows to Keep South Dakota Open

I liked this part:

“I had a real honest conversation with the people in our state. I told them I took an oath to uphold the Constitution of our state, of South Dakota," said Noem, who has not issued a stay-at-home order amid the coronavirus outbreak.

"I took an oath when I was in Congress obviously to uphold the Constitution of the United States," she continued. "I believe in our freedoms and liberties. What I’ve seen across the country is so many people give up their liberties for just a little bit of security and they don’t have to do that."

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thought about that pork plant crosses my mind...is it possible that the employees, if they are poor or low income, might live together/socialize together/carpool to work together, all of which would help spread the virus that is reportedly so highly contagious?

Hate to hijack your thread, but speaking of numbers, WTH is going on in the United Kingdom? Are they only testing a small number of people? Figures from British newspaper The Daily Mail consistently show a fatality (or mortality ?) rate of higher than ten percent.
COVID-19 is clearly deadly and I won't make any jokes at this time about their socialized medicine (called the National Health Service, NHS) but why do they seem to have such a high death rate from it?
A news story at this moment shows UK has 108,692 cases with 14,576 dead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...virus-daily-death-toll-dips-slightly-847.html

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thought about that pork plant crosses my mind...is it possible that the employees, if they are poor or low income, might live together/socialize together/carpool to work together, all of which would help spread the virus that is reportedly so highly contagious?

Hate to hijack your thread, but speaking of numbers, WTH is going on in the United Kingdom? Are they only testing a small number of people? Figures from British newspaper The Daily Mail consistently show a fatality (or mortality ?) rate of higher than ten percent.
COVID-19 is clearly deadly and I won't make any jokes at this time about their socialized medicine (called the National Health Service, NHS) but why do they seem to have such a high death rate from it?
A news story at this moment shows UK has 108,692 cases with 14,576 dead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...virus-daily-death-toll-dips-slightly-847.html

I do not think they did a lock down in time and their socialized medicine will not waste treatment on an older person with other serious health problems. I heard many stories when I was in business from people complaining that the NHS would not even buy a wheelchair cushion for an older person if they were expected to die within a year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure someone on here is going to call me a name of some sort, but IF that processing plant is like any in Oklahoma (we have two in our town that support major brands) are predominantly hispanic, and your probably correct in your assumption.
As a former landlord with one small 1000 sq ft home I rented out for years, the hispanics would rent it and pay the rent faithfully. No issues with that, but two would turn into three, three into 5 until at one time there were 9 living in that tiny bungalow. It was an extra $50 per month per person and they had no issues paying that. Mini vans transported most of them to work.
So, it's not unthinkable that your right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom