Coyote Eating Apples

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time I have seen a coyote in a tree. Growing up down south had the opportunity to witness fox doing it for various reasons. We had a red fox that would come around climb the pear tree and eat pears. Funny, it would never touch the ones that had fallen on the ground to ripe I guess. Also seen a gray fox that would climb trees after squirrels before daylight while the squirrels were still in there nests. Spotted the fox multiple times in the pecan trees around our barn coming down with a squirrel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandpa spent a few nights in the cab of his truck with his trusty .30-30 to keep coyotes from destroying his watermelons.
I lost about an acre of black diamonds to coyotes and field rats that came out of the woods. Happened almost overnight. The stems were drying up to indicate the melons were days from being fully ripe. Ones nearest the woods had holes eaten into the sides by the rats to eat their way in. The coyotes just broke them open somehow and chowed down. Tracks everywhere.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The coyote in the tree is surprising, but coyotes eating apples isn’t. My dog salivates while I eat an apple and can’t wait to eat the core when I’m done. :thumb:
As a kid, I had a dog that loved bananas and pecans. We had a lot of pecan trees (several "papershells"), and I couldn't eat 'em without sharing. He'd almost sit on my feet trying to get close enough so that I couldn't ignore him. :D

Someone dumped him when he was about half-grown, and we had him for several years (he died when I was 18). Smartest dog I ever owned.
___

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm wonder where they have apples still on the tree with snow on the ground and must be small apples as he is eating each one in a couple bites. I have seen a coyote jumping 6 ' in the air grabbing persimmons off the tree.
Pear tree at a very old homestead home long gone one of my first hunting spots watched does stand on hind legs and knock pears out of the tree.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you for sure, my Corgi likes apples.
CIMG4810.JPG

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta say I've never heard of coyotes getting into watermelons. I've never seen one up in a tree before either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom