Crime in Great Britain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good info...reporter slamming the 'statistics' from GB and shipdit Piers Morgan.

[video]http://www.fox19.com/story/20538164/piers-morgan-vs-alex-jones-the-truth-about-gun-homicide-rates?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8153082[/video]

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Violent crime rate for the win. Gun crime rate is a meaningless comparison because the US has so many more guns.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html#ixzz2HdV5cLFr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is the second time that Piers Morgan has stepped in it when dealing with numbers. He does not appear capable of correctly interpreting basic statistics.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used similar stats against an anti-gunner on another forum. He kept claiming GB had lower gun crime after the bad and quoted some number. Well, his number was correct, however what he didn't show was the number was exactly the same pre-ban (1997 in GB). And of course he left out the huge spike, 40%, in violent crime in 97-98. Same thing happened in Australia. Mid 30% range increase if I recall on violent crime.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Violent crime rate for the win. Gun crime rate is a meaningless comparison because the US has so many more guns.

I've not had the chance to research it thoroughly, but many of the countries discussed by the reporter have very different definitions of violent crime. Some of them count destruction of property as violent crime, while we do not.

I encourage anyone reading to do fact-check this guy and not take it at face value. Of course anyone inclined to do it will probably do so without my prompting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom