Crow hunting at Ft. Cobb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another friends relative had pecan groves around Grand lake at that same time, and he would buy our ammo and put us up if we would take squirrels that would clean out his pecan crop. We couldn't keep up, and with the markets, he lost the place.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fed. wetland. Get a copy of the regs. or look them up online. A few of the WMA's have special rules as to what kind of weapon or shot you can use, I would look closely. I have had luck with crows just about anywhere, if you use a call and a decoy you should be able to pick just about any of the public areas to hunt and see some action.

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fed. wetland. Get a copy of the regs. or look them up online. A few of the WMA's have special rules as to what kind of weapon or shot you can use, I would look closely. I have had luck with crows just about anywhere, if you use a call and a decoy you should be able to pick just about any of the public areas to hunt and see some action.

Thanks for the clarification. I will brush up on the reg's hopefully this week and make sure i have everything in order. Now that I've done a little research I plan to go to the lexington public area and see how things work out for me there. I live in choctaw so i figured if i go and get skunked its better to go close hah

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? Not trying to be a smart &%$# i'm just new to the whole hunting thing and taking in any info that I can.

Regulations state that on Fort Cobb WMA for Crow hunting: Federally approved non toxic shot only.

Some waterfowl that are shallow water feeders have been known to ingest lead shot that has been known to cause problems for waterfowl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom