Cruise questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I are considering going on a cruise in the near future. We have never cruised before.

Any tips, hints, tricks, things to watch out for?

Also, what cruise lines have you all used? Positives or negatives?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

sent from Omicron Persei 8.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power loss, capsizing, pirates, cavity searches at customs, lost or stolen baggage, sharks. That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I have been on 4 Royal Caribbean cruises and just got back two weeks ago from a Princess cruise. In December taking the whole family on a Royal Cruise. We only started four years ago so I say we are noobies; however, IMHO I will stick with Royal Caribbean. Cleaner and the staff was much more polite and professional. These are tips or hints but just what we do:
1) I compare prices online at the ships website and other places like USAA and Cruise Critic before I buy.
2) We look at the excursions to see which ones we want and book them because our first cruise we waited until we got on ship and the ones we found out we wanted didn't have openings.
3) Drink packages - RC has a soda package that includes bottles of water. One cruise I bought the expensive drink package and after it was all said and done I didn't drink enough to make it a good buy.
4) Bring little stuff like tylenol, a small box of dayquil, imodoium, and extra batteries for camera with you because the ships price is outrageous.
5) Every time we go we bring less and less clothes...we still over pack.
6) Be friendly to room attendant - he/she can get you things.
7) We always fly in the day before because the ship will leave without you if you have flight problems.
8) Day packs the day you board ship because you might not see your bags until later in night.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've been on 3 cruises and only had great times and memories. All cruises went to Caribbean. Some ports we wished we had more time than 1 day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom