Cuts to food aid looming for thousands of needy Oklahomans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all part of the plan. Take your money away so you can't afford to support a charity you believe in, then give it to people who think they deserve your money. Finally, rake in the gratitude and votes.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy batcrap. $600+? My famil of four is at $350 plus $100 for eating out. Total $450. We eat helthy too. So there goes the I only can afford junk food argument. But, I guess you tend to look at price tags and compare generics more when you're spending money earned by you're own blood, sweat and tears

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all part of the plan. Take your money away so you can't afford to support a charity you believe in, then give it to people who think they deserve your money. Finally, rake in the gratitude and votes.

you forgot to add, spending 12 years grinding a booming economy into the garbage disposal so that more people will be on said support.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poor thing is ONLY going to get 623.00 a month now JUST FOR FOOD. Of course it's lead to that the kids get free meals at school....and i'd bet a cheeseburger that she ain't paying much for her house either.

Bet she's got a cellular phone and gets her hair did tho!!!

This BS is outa control.

We don't spend 600 bucks a month on groceries either.......... looks like i need to quit my job. (NOT)

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My parents were depression day kids, there was 9 kids in my mothers family and 5 in my fathers family and back then large families were common and there was not any food stamp program. They made it because they understood that no work meant no eat.When our Government creates a program like food stamps , it gets the people to do less in life because they now have others to support them. Just like SSI paying people a monthly check who won't work. The sad part is a lot of people who are going thru life that believes it's okay to be a deadbeat How do you starve an American? Hide his "Food Stamps" in his work boots.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen many kids doing without a lot. Sure maybe a supper occasionally. But the schools have managed to transform them into patrons of the free meals and backpack system. And before anybody jumps my sheet over that I'm glad someone is feeding them and don't have any problem with it. You can't pick your parents. I just wish there was another program where responsible people could share what used to be the inherent thought of striving to overcome your crappy place in life. Maybe I haven't thought it through completely but the way it is right now isn't going to fix the problem.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife grew up in a family of 8 kids and her parents. They never asked for any food stamps or welfare.

Her dad worked two jobs. Times have changed. I am glad they are cutting SNAP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom