Cuts to food aid looming for thousands of needy Oklahomans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering about this whole deal. I have no kids - by choice - so it's a bit hard for me to understand why a woman would have five kids on her own. I'm sure there are situations where that just can't be helped, such as having triplets, but popping out kids five separate times? Then needing assistance to keep them all fed? Um. I'll refrain from further comment on this, but I do wonder if those monthly benefits are limited in some way to essential food stuffs like hamburger and milk, or if they can be used to buy luxury foods like steaks and caviar?

They buy lottery tickets, cigarettes, whatever they want. The program cut was the SNAP program which is basically a debit card that can have cash drawn. The SNAP program is available to those who have NO JOB or other means of support (child support) and was set up to allow the purchase of toiletries and other BASICS. And we ALL know those cigs and lottery tickets are definitely basics.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this change reduces 21 meals per month for a family of four, please use the same equation and tell us how many meals are actually provided to this family. They are only giving us part of the information, as usual!

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always suspected to returned basket full of food at walmart is people returning the food stamp purchase without a receipt to get a gift card to blow to money. Wish there was a way to mark a product if it was bought on food stamps.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She doesn't have to worry about the new iPhone. Since she is on SNAP, she and all 5 kids are automatically approved for Babba phones.

Remember "Welfare Cadillac"? Played on the radio for about a week before being squashed. If you weren't of skule age in 1970, you probably have never heard or heard of it.

It's time to do away with ALL these entitlement programs. Babba has all these 'shovel ready' jobs, put them to work and let them EARN their food. Can you say, WPA?

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know of several churches that have food banks that reach out to those who have lost jobs and situations where families need help and I don't have any problem with that. The Federal government SNAP program is a setup to keep people in the trap of poverty and control.Then again what program does the Federal Government run that works to really help it's people?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using their math $1.72 ish a meal.
$659 a month = 383 meals a month. :nutkick:

These are free lunch and backpack meal kids.
Food pantry supplemented I'd bet.
Who's eating all those meals? :scratch:

Well 6 people eating two meals a day at home multiplied by 30 days and it's about spot on, especially with snacking between meals and an extra meal at home on the weekends. I hate the welfare system too but it doesn't seem too outrageous.

Me and my SO try to keep an overall budget of $150 for the two of us and it is TOUGH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom