1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dallas World Aquarium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dlbleak, Jun 13, 2019.

1. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The wife and I were in Dallas for a concert last night. Today we were going to go to Dealey Plaza or the DWA. We had been to Dealey a few years back and since the aquarium was right across the street, that’s what we did.
    We were thoroughly impressed and spent over two hours there. Could have stayed a little longer but wanted to get home. Lots a birds and animals there too, including a couple of 10 foot alligators and a manatee that is probably 10 feet long. There is an underwater walk with sharks and sawbills.
    Would be an awesome place to take kids or grandkids.
    For the photographer, there are countless picture opportunities.
    A little pricey at $20 for adults and $12 for kids but we’d go back in a heartbeat.

dennishoddy likes this.
  2. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Agreed...the wife and I visited back in '06 or '07 and thought that it was outstanding as well. I was just saying that we really need to take our two girls down there.

3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Haven't been to that one but it's on our bucket list.
    We were totally impressed with the aquarium in Springfield Mo that the Bass Pro built. Lots of deer heads, African trophies, and other memorabilia as well. Takes about a half day to get through it and its still under construction adding more.

4. PBramble

PBramble Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    And it has a bar. That made the rainy day worth it.

MacFromOK likes this.
  5. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yes they do! I thought people might look at me funny if I got a beer at 9:15am. A little hair of the dog may have been a good thing after the night before though.

6. sanjuro893

sanjuro893 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My wife and I have always enjoyed it. Been there 3 times. You get all the rain forest atmosphere without any of the malaria.

7. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    One place I would suggest heading to if you guys ever go north towards Omaha is the Henry Dorley zoo. If you ever remember years ago the mutual of Omaha wild kingdom show well that is the zoo they helped build. It's been years but the Leid Jungle is really worth visiting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Doorly_Zoo_and_Aquarium. They started the whole deal where animals were not in separate exhibits with the jungle. They now have some other habitats built in a similar way. I was going to take my wife there this summer before she passed away. I always told her how she would really enjoy it.

MacFromOK likes this.