Dangerous wildlife in the Skiatook/Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I just moved to Skiatook 2 days ago and am wondering what kinds of animals I might come across while hiking or what may wander onto the property. I ask because I want to know if I need to upgrade to a more powerful handgun to carry during a hike or walking the dog. Since my previous place of residence (San Diego), didn't allow us to carry, my most powerful handgun/cartridge combo is a S&W Model 27 in .357mag, and I was thinking of upgrading to an M&P 10mm or a Taurus Raging Hunter in 44mag. My only form of defense against San Diego county's biggest threat (coyotes) when walking my dog, was to carry a length of steel cable attached to a wooden handle, and it was pretty common to see coyotes stalking people who were walking small to medium sized dogs when I left for work in the morning.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I just moved to Skiatook 2 days ago and am wondering what kinds of animals I might come across while hiking or what may wander onto the property. I ask because I want to know if I need to upgrade to a more powerful handgun to carry during a hike or walking the dog. Since my previous place of residence (San Diego), didn't allow us to carry, my most powerful handgun/cartridge combo is a S&W Model 27 in .357mag, and I was thinking of upgrading to an M&P 10mm or a Taurus Raging Hunter in 44mag. My only form of defense against San Diego county's biggest threat (coyotes) when walking my dog, was to carry a length of steel cable attached to a wooden handle, and it was pretty common to see coyotes stalking people who were walking small to medium sized dogs when I left for work in the morning.
Theis is a famous black cougar up in Skiatook

Latest posts

Top Bottom