Dangerous wildlife in the Skiatook/Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I just moved to Skiatook 2 days ago and am wondering what kinds of animals I might come across while hiking or what may wander onto the property. I ask because I want to know if I need to upgrade to a more powerful handgun to carry during a hike or walking the dog. Since my previous place of residence (San Diego), didn't allow us to carry, my most powerful handgun/cartridge combo is a S&W Model 27 in .357mag, and I was thinking of upgrading to an M&P 10mm or a Taurus Raging Hunter in 44mag. My only form of defense against San Diego county's biggest threat (coyotes) when walking my dog, was to carry a length of steel cable attached to a wooden handle, and it was pretty common to see coyotes stalking people who were walking small to medium sized dogs when I left for work in the morning.
Dogs, Hogs, and methheads if it's like anywhere else in the wild in OK.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I just moved to Skiatook 2 days ago and am wondering what kinds of animals I might come across while hiking or what may wander onto the property. I ask because I want to know if I need to upgrade to a more powerful handgun to carry during a hike or walking the dog. Since my previous place of residence (San Diego), didn't allow us to carry, my most powerful handgun/cartridge combo is a S&W Model 27 in .357mag, and I was thinking of upgrading to an M&P 10mm or a Taurus Raging Hunter in 44mag. My only form of defense against San Diego county's biggest threat (coyotes) when walking my dog, was to carry a length of steel cable attached to a wooden handle, and it was pretty common to see coyotes stalking people who were walking small to medium sized dogs when I left for work in the morning.
Well, it appears you got your official welcome to OSA, so I'll add mine!

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guns I have been looking at is a Taurus Judge Public Defender. I was thinking I could load it with buckshot and keep it in my center console for a carjacking deterrant if getting to my waistband proves to be difficult while seated and belted in, and put slugs in it when I venture out into the wilderness

Latest posts

Top Bottom