David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman: Frustrated/upset after a visit there today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the sales manager at Roberts auto center in Pryor hold me hostage in once of there cubes. He blocked the door and would not let me out and would not give me my keys back. He kept telling me they were running the numbers again and i told him i didnt care and he needed to move his a** before i moved it for him. it turned in to a big blow up and about 4 other couples walked out when i did and one came up thanking me because he had been trying to leave for almost an hour and couldnt. but i have had great dealings at Bob Hurley ford, Nelson Mazda and Jim norton Toyota so not all dealers are bad

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the sales manager at Roberts auto center in Pryor hold me hostage in once of there cubes. He blocked the door and would not let me out and would not give me my keys back. He kept telling me they were running the numbers again and i told him i didnt care and he needed to move his a** before i moved it for him. it turned in to a big blow up and about 4 other couples walked out when i did and one came up thanking me because he had been trying to leave for almost an hour and couldnt. but i have had great dealings at Bob Hurley ford, Nelson Mazda and Jim norton Toyota so not all dealers are bad

That's just because they could smell your ovaries.

:)

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a really good experience with Jim Norton Toyota. Went in to just look at 4runners, after test driving, they made a an offer way lower than we expected, so we bought it, lol.
Have had the bait and switch trick tried with a newpaper ad by Jackie Cooper Nissan. That one really irritated me, because i called first, before driving over half an hour, only for the young punk to tell me that i must of misheard him.
Bout a Tundra from Riverside Toyota in 04, really good experience, no pressure, easy to deal with. Went back in 07 to look at a Camry, and had the salesman call my wife and I a bunch of nobodies from nowhere oklahoma, because we didnt like their trade in offer. The GM said he was probably justified in saying that.

So ya, just depends on who is making the rules when you go in.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this talk of dealerships brings back memories, if you all knew how much extended warranties really cost the dealers you'd probably fall out of your chairs.

afs760bf

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife hates going to car dealerships with me because she says I have no shame. My first offer is usually about ten grand lower than they'll even think about taking. Rule one - never appear to be impressed by anything you drive. I did buy two cars from Lynn Hickey - one good deal and one bad car. They're going to get you one way or another. I bought several cars from Diffee, and agree they're one of the best around. I had a salesman there that I worked with for about 15 years, but he retired, so not sure what I'll do next time. I bought a couple of vehicles directly from Vick - Court's and Lane's dad. Bought my last vehicle (2010 Tundra 4X4) at Dub Richardson Toyota, which became Momentum Toyota, which became Jim Norton Toyota. Got a pretty good deal - took two visits, "conversations" with two or three sales managers telling me with tears that they're losing money, got extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance at not much over dealer cost (at Diffee's, I'd always wait until right before the signing, and tell them I'd sign if they'd give me a 100K warranty at cost). So now I have a truck that's almost paid off and still worth about 28 grand. They have a lot of overhead, and they have to make a little money. I just don't want them to make it all from me. Newspaper ad or not, if you last through the game, you're going to get the lowest price they'll sell the car for. They never have the one in the ad. It's already sold before the paper is published.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1991 I got off work at Tinker and stopped in Arthur Harris Ford there on 29th St and saw a Ranger Supercab PU I liked. Sticker was $14,210. Took a test drive then inside I told them if they wanted to sell the truck I'd give $10K for it. Guy came back from the mgrs office saying no way. I said $10,500 or I leave. I got the truck for the $10.5K. Buddy was a GM employee and wouldn't believe what I paid 'cause it was more discount than their employee discount. My last truck I bought with 15K on the odometer from a private party.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife hates going to car dealerships with me because she says I have no shame. My first offer is usually about ten grand lower than they'll even think about taking. Rule one - never appear to be impressed by anything you drive. I did buy two cars from Lynn Hickey - one good deal and one bad car. They're going to get you one way or another. I bought several cars from Diffee, and agree they're one of the best around. I had a salesman there that I worked with for about 15 years, but he retired, so not sure what I'll do next time. I bought a couple of vehicles directly from Vick - Court's and Lane's dad. Bought my last vehicle (2010 Tundra 4X4) at Dub Richardson Toyota, which became Momentum Toyota, which became Jim Norton Toyota. Got a pretty good deal - took two visits, "conversations" with two or three sales managers telling me with tears that they're losing money, got extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance at not much over dealer cost (at Diffee's, I'd always wait until right before the signing, and tell them I'd sign if they'd give me a 100K warranty at cost). So now I have a truck that's almost paid off and still worth about 28 grand. They have a lot of overhead, and they have to make a little money. I just don't want them to make it all from me. Newspaper ad or not, if you last through the game, you're going to get the lowest price they'll sell the car for. They never have the one in the ad. It's already sold before the paper is published.

If you happen to go back to Diffee, ask for either Terry Hamner or Chandler Diffee. We've worked with both of them in the past. Even though my regular salesman was Bob Vincent (who has retired), Terry worked with us in answering questions about Ford's F450's. We were looking for something large enough to pull 18,500 lb fifth wheel RV's over mountain passes. We lucked out one day and noticed that they had a 2008 model (that was in 2009) and bought it for less than half of what a brand new one would have been.

As for Chandler Diffee, he is new in the business and that one time is all we've worked with him. However, since we've been dealing there for around 15 years, we deal mostly with Cort with respect to the deals.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you happen to go back to Diffee, ask for either Terry Hamner or Chandler Diffee. We've worked with both of them in the past. Even though my regular salesman was Bob Vincent (who has retired), Terry worked with us in answering questions about Ford's F450's. We were looking for something large enough to pull 18,500 lb fifth wheel RV's over mountain passes. We lucked out one day and noticed that they had a 2008 model (that was in 2009) and bought it for less than half of what a brand new one would have been.

As for Chandler Diffee, he is new in the business and that one time is all we've worked with him. However, since we've been dealing there for around 15 years, we deal mostly with Cort with respect to the deals.

Someone should find me a Toyota Tundra that's one year old for half of MSRP!! I know that's a pipe dream.

I had a good dealing with Bob Howard Toyota then again I was paying $500 under MSRP because it had to be shipped. Hudiberg Toyota has made me some excellent deals but I had to kick and scream for every dollar. Fowler is closest to where I live but they keep losing business from me, my vehicles were destroyed on the 20th and I stopped by fowler toyota, they tried to tell sell me used hail damaged vehicles for way over perfect value saying "everyone needs cars right now". Thirty minutes after I left fowler, I paid cash for a non hail damaged vehicle from Big Red KIA, they made me a great deal. I won't even take my vehicles to fowler for free service. Back in late 2008 when the economy was bad, I was ready to buy a Tundra for 10K under MSRP but fowler said I had bad credit and said I could only get 26% financing, six months later I bought a Tundra from Hudiberg with 2.9% financing and got a smoking deal. fowler toyota is the worst dealer I have ever been to, keep in mind I have taken work trucks to david stanley for service multiple times, and honestly I trust david stanley more the fowler.

One last fowler comment. fowler Honda had a used Tundra I was interested in, I called and scheduled a test drive, I showed up on time but the truck was not there because the sales manager had take it to the lake that weekend. I left went to Hudiberg, and test drove a truck, I called back and they promised the truck was there. I came back and there was a boat seat in the back seat of the truck, even after jacking me around they would not drop on the price even though the truck had 500 additional miles due to the sales manager. The salesman from Bob Howard called me while I was on the test drive in the fowler truck, I turned around ended the test drive and bought the truck from Bob Howard Toyota, like I said I won't even let fowler change my oil for free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom