Davidelowe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I give up. This forum is like everywhere else, it's who you know and who likes you. It doesn't matter if you are right or how you put it, you are still wrong.

davidelowe

Marksman
Reaction score
This guy has buyers remorse. He was very wishy washy because he had just gotten the 1911 out of LAYAWAY and I think trading it away broke his heart. The gun still had all of the packaging attached to it (between the barrel and wood) and was definately new in box. Maybe he didn't get the thrill from shooting it that he thought he would...

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x162_davidelowester_jackassspm.jpg

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you felt so bad about the transaction that you took the man's tag number down, then you should not have done the deal. Taking tag numbers down, and making threats like "I can find you", is bad form. If you feel bad about a deal; walk away - I don't care how far you drove to complete the deal.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would davidelowe go to all the trouble to make the gun look unfired except for the bore? I usually clean the bore of a new rifle because of the mess you took out of there. You never can tell what kind of dirt an oil are in a rifle barrel from the factory. PS, unless it is a collectors item, it doesn't make it worth less to have been shot, guns are meant to be shot it happens. If it was cosmetically new looking (must have been to your satisfaction if you completed the deal) then the question on weather it has been shot is irrelevant....shot or not, it still isn't a new gun if you didn't do a 4473 on it IMO.

“Are you sure you want to mess with Federal laws on weapons because this is where this transaction falls and you have no idea who I am or what I do kid.”

Ray are you serious?

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you felt so bad about the transaction that you took the man's tag number down, then you should not have done the deal. Taking tag numbers down, and making threats like "I can find you", is bad form. If you feel bad about a deal; walk away - I don't care how far you drove to complete the deal.

You are right. That's exactly what I should have done but I just want to trust OSA members but guys like him make it hard to do and will definitely be more careful next time.

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Judge Judy]Adjustable sights vs. used rifle. Sloppy transaction on both ends, but sounds even steven to me[/Judge Judy]

How is that even?? His rifle used sells for around 650. My gun was brand new and could easily sell for 800 or more.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is that even?? His rifle used sells for around 650. My gun was brand new and could easily sell for 800 or more.

If it wasn't even then why did you trade him? If it had been shot it didn't make it worth much less if any. If you weren't the first owner of a rifle it was used regardless if it was fired or not. It it is functional I don't see your issue here other than buyers remorse. You got the rifle you desperately wanted right? :anyone:

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I posted my feelings on this deal. That's all I want to do, not answer 100 questions. I buy and sell things on impulse all the time and that's why I carried out with the trade anyway, to answer your question. I got burned, not the first time and I will just let it go before this thread turns into a circus like it tends to do at OSA.

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It it is functional I don't see your issue here other than buyers remorse. You got the rifle you desperately wanted right? :anyone:

Again, not the point. I wanted a new rifle, weather it shoots different or not is not my point. Of course I don't have an issues with the rifle or I would have mentioned something about trade back or try to sell it. Just the fact that he lied and said it was new when in fact , it's not. If I wanted a used rifle I would have went to a pawn shop and traded my gun that way. I traded him and was even willing to loose money on my end because this was supposed to be a new rifle and I wanted a Thompson Icon. If he can prove to me that this rifle is brand new, show me/us a receipt, I will take everything back and even apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom