Daytime cat raid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mowing today, started at sunup about 9:30 I see a bobcat in my yard, just walking along. I was thinking that is not the normal time to be seeing them. I yelled at it and drove my mower towards the cat. It just jumped over the fence into the area where my Mom was mowing. Mom had one of her dogs, the sort that looks like a walking mop, with her. The cat went after that dog real quick. I had already picked up my 12g and yelled at Mom. When she saw her dog in trouble she did the best thing to help me out, yes she started chasing the dog. (shaking my head) Anyway the dog was quick and gave me a small window to fire and a load of 000 buck stopped that cat in its tracks, Mom and the mop are both fine.

We put up our dogs and I called the local Osage game warden. I left a message asking if they needed to check this cat for rabies or to just dispose of it. After about 1 hour I called the other 3 wardens listed on the web site. Now here it is about 6 hours later and still no call from anyone. The cat has been added to the pile of limbs I am going to burn tonight, like a Nordic funeral pyre he will be gone for ever.

I know these guys are real busy at this time of year, but you would think at least one of them could have called to tell me to dispose of the cat or that they would like to take a look at the thing. But not a return call from and of the 4 listed.

The cat is quite thin and sickly looking, I did not touch it, except with a pitch fork to put him on the pile of branches.

I am sure of how it was acting that something is/was wrong with the poor critter. No matter, I cant have anything that wont run off hanging around my dogs. We had a couple dogs tangle with a big healthy looking tomcat a few years ago, they killed it, but man it took a lot of stitches to close up the wounds in the dogs. This bag of bones would not have put up near the fight but I would bet it had rabies.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What county? I know a couple southern counties recently got some new wardens. If no bites occured and the animal is dead, they most likely don't care at this point if it had rabies.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Osage County. The thing is when I call a number it gives me a message that if I do not get a return call in a couple of hours to call another guy, that guys phone tells you to call another.

Not keeping anything that may have cooties in it. That heavy load of shot tore through that cat and I am not willing to risk anything for a souvenir.

cat.jpg

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheriffs Dept doesn't have the capability of to radio statewide either. If they have the talk group programmed, or Dept of Fish and Wildlife patched in, they could get it out county wide, maybe the few neighboring counties depending on their system.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheriffs Dept doesn't have the capability of to radio statewide either. If they have the talk group programmed, or Dept of Fish and Wildlife patched in, they could get it out county wide, maybe the few neighboring counties depending on their system.

Dude for real....I meant contact the S.O. for THE county he was trying to reach a game warden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom