Dog Killed My Favorite Cat in An Instant | What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not my cat and not my dog (I currently have neither), that's just the title of the video.

I know some of you have had experience with GSDs (@THAT Gurl ) or aggressive dogs ( @OK Corgi Rancher ); I got my last dog because she wouldn't stop jumping on a friend's autistic daughter. She was a bad dog from his wife's point of view, but she turned out to be an outstanding dog for me, and I miss her to this day.

So, what do y'all think?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two GSD's now and I've had them most of my life, just like any dog (including pits) if they haven't been socialized and trained correctly they can be vicious. What it comes down to, more often than not, it is not the dogs fault, the blame rests on the owner for not raising the dog correctly. That all said you, obviously, can't have a vicious dog around the house where it could harm someone or other animals, so you do whatever needs to be done.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand needing to get rid of a farm dog that can't be trusted around people or livestock. The part that bothered me is why did it take five years to figure out that she can't be trusted?
Ya can't fix stupid. As soon as I heard the guy say he's thinks it's a "German Shepherd Issue" that was all the proof I needed and all I could stand to listen to. It isn't a GSD issue, it's an owner/idiot issue.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only watched the first minute or so but we don't keep dogs around that can't be trusted around kids, that bite, or that kill other pets or livestock. We don't give them away, we don't dump them, and we don't take them to the pound.
Same here. When we were in college, we got a 3/4 australian shepherd 1/4 border collie pup, and he was a sweet friendly dog that loved everyone. When we bought our place first place, we had an elderly neighbor with chickens, and after a while, my dog started randomly coming home with a dead one. I tried everything to break him from killing chickens to no avail, and he ended up getting lead poisoning.
My current dogs are scared of my cats, so the situation in the video is a moot point. However, I would have no problem administering a lethal dose of lead if one of my animals harmed a person or another animal.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not gonna watch the entire video because I think the basics were covered in the first few minutes. I don't think that GSD is feeling remorse at all. I think she's picking up her owner's vibe through his tone of voice and other body language that says he's disappointed with her. I agree with @Gadsden this is a person problem more than a GSD problem.

In my opinion, it's common sense that large dogs that are generally bred for protection have the ability to kill/maim other animals or even people. I've had several JRTs and, pound for pound, they're one of the most efficient killers of small furry creatures on the planet.

I've never had a dog that was aggressive towards people. But almost every JRT I've owned has had a natural tendency to hunt and kill. You can train away certain behaviors but not completely. Large dogs are still very capable of being aggressive, sometimes for reasons only the dog knows.

My son in AK has a heeler that's very aggressive with strangers. I spent a week there in June and the dog wound up biting me on the foot. Not really a serious bite but it wasn't pleasant, either. It could be a real problem when that dog bites the wrong person. I really worry about what that dog is capable of.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dog has to go. This does not require a long discussion nor is it a difficult decision. It’s an unpleasant decision, but it isn’t difficult.

I’d you can’t trust your dog around other animals or children then you and the dog must live in the wilderness all by yourselves. If you can’t do that then the dog has to be euthanized.

Latest posts

Top Bottom