Death and Burial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does a funeral cost 10K? Can it be done for less?
It can be done for way less. That $10K figure would include a mid range casket and services at a moderately priced funeral home along with a plot and services at the cemetery.

Can I be buried in a pine box that I can make before I die? Why not?
Yes, you can make your own casket. Also, funeral homes can not charge you a service charge based on you using your own casket.

Can I be buried on my own property outside of Tulsa county? Why not?
You can. It is not that difficult. Last time I helped someone do it we had to complete paperwork with the Department of State. The downside is it certainly can harm the property values for future sales. Sate law requires granting access to families for ever.

What's wrong with cremation and is it cheaper? Why or why not?
It can be less expensive. I will likely end up using cremation as an alternative to burial, but I value a funeral and viewing for many, many reasons.

“Show me the manner in which a nation cares for its dead and I will measure with mathematical exactness the tender mercies of its people, their respect for the laws of the land and their loyalty to high ideals.”
– Sir William Gladstone

Latest posts

Top Bottom