Debt ceiling speech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this graphic from the BBC. Do you see any President from the last 30 years who has made a a negative adjustment to the deficit? It's pretty logarithmic, doesn't matter who the President is, or what party he is, it's going to keep going up unless we make major changes in the spending and revenue collection of this country.

attachment.php

Attachments

• _54236326_us_debt_464_corr.jpg
    _54236326_us_debt_464_corr.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 219

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like this graphic from the BBC. Dow you see any President from the last 30 years who has made a a negative adjustment to the deficit? It's pretty logarithmic, doesn't matter who the President is, or what party he is, it's going to keep going up unless we make major changes in the spending and revenue collection of this country.

View attachment 17700

I firmly believe that this is NOT a revenue issue, it is a spending issue. There are so many programs, agencies, and expenses the government doesn't HAVE to fund. They have bloated themselves beyond reason.

There are billions of dollars being held offshore that will not return to this country until taxation is relaxed. If the government would allow that money to come back, investment and TRUE economic stimulation would take care of itself. Instead, these corporations are threatened with a 35% tax before they do anything with it.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I firmly believe that this is NOT a revenue issue, it is a spending issue. There are so many programs, agencies, and expenses the government doesn't HAVE to fund. They have bloated themselves beyond reason.

There are billions of dollars being held offshore that will not return to this country until taxation is relaxed. If the government would allow that money to come back, investment and TRUE economic stimulation would take care of itself. Instead, these corporations are threatened with a 35% tax before they do anything with it.

Bingo! You are correct...

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just love to hear that they want to tax the corporations more. Just who do they think will end up paying higher prices to pay for those taxes, but they will not be raising our taxes. We will just have to be paying a higher price for things.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why stop with just the corporations? Why not get rid of ALL taxes, then EVERYONE can help contribute to the "true economic stimulation". The Supreme Court has already ruled that corporations should be treated as individuals, why can't individuals get the same benefits as a corporation? Think of how much extra money you would have to spend on plasma TVs and .mp3 players and cigarettes, and internet music downloads, and cool cars and booze and strippers and guns and ammo and cable TV and cell phones and everything else if you didn't have to pay your income taxes, or sales tax, or property tax or gasoline taxes or the excise tax and tag fees when you buy a new car, or use taxes on thing you buy out of state or your NFA tax stamp or road tolls etc.... Almost sounds like a Utopian society. No taxes, and no government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom