Debt ceiling speech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just love to hear that they want to tax the corporations more. Just who do they think will end up paying higher prices to pay for those taxes, but they will not be raising our taxes. We will just have to be paying a higher price for things.

How do you think people become super rich? By not having to pay taxes on the money they make. The more you make, the faster your tax breaks rack up. Eventually you'll make enough that you can buy yourself a Senator and then you don't have to pay any taxes. Conversely, the less money you have, the more you will end up paying just to survive.

Our system is designed to make poor people even more poor and wealthy people even more obscenely wealthy.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How do you think people become super rich? By not having to pay taxes on the money they make. The more you make, the faster your tax breaks rack up. Eventually you'll make enough that you can buy yourself a Senator and then you don't have to pay any taxes. Conversely, the less money you have, the more you will end up paying just to survive.

Our system is designed to make poor people even more poor and wealthy people even more obscenely wealthy.

Bullsh!t! I was raised with NOTHING, I worked 6 to 7 days a week for years to get myself out of that life. Life is what you make of it. My Daddy had an old saying" You got to get off your ass in the morning if you want to get ahead in life."

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullsh!t! I was raised with NOTHING, I worked 6 to 7 days a week for years to get myself out of that life. Life is what you make of it.

How many yachts, private planes, mansions and tax sheltered off shore corporations do you have? I posit that you are not yet included in the ranks of the obscenely wealthy that I mentioned earlier.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, looking at it from my end, I would agree that $250,000 per year in income would be obscenely wealthy. Though I'm sure there are many multi-millionaires who do not fall into that category because their money is protected in off shore accounts and they don't actually earn that much money in any given year (just live off the tax free interest from their off shore accounts).

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, looking at it from my end, I would agree that $250,000 per year in income would be obscenely wealthy.

Let's look at that number for a minute. Last year I paid 36.4 percent to the IRS. Using $250k that is $91,000 leaving $159,000. Now subtracting state and you might be left with $150k. Does that seem like a fair shake to you? I'm just asking because I don't understand were your coming from.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are billions of dollars being held offshore that will not return to this country until taxation is relaxed. If the government would allow that money to come back, investment and TRUE economic stimulation would take care of itself. Instead, these corporations are threatened with a 35% tax before they do anything with it.
I think this is the most amusing thing about the whole affair.

"Hey you shouldn't enact those policies. It could cause companies to send money off-shore or use other countries' more favorable tax laws"
*they do it anyway*

"WAAAAAAAAAH why is Halliburton relocating their offices to the UAE!?!?! They're so evil!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom