Decriminalization? How Did That Work for Portland?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very true but funny with all the claims that pot was safe and would not hurt people.
Here's an article if you cna believe what it says, these days one has to verify everything that comes from authorities-medical or not.

Marijuana and Lung Health - American Lung Association

Smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung. Research shows that smoking marijuana causes chronic bronchitis and marijuana smoke has been shown to injure the cell linings of the large airways, which could explain why smoking marijuana leads to symptoms such as chronic cough, phlegm production, wheeze and acute bronchitis. 4,9

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My preacher actually said from the pulpit that weed is good for a lot of medicinal reasons. Also, I believe all drugs should be legal. The government has no business telling someone what they can and can’t take. Their “war on drugs” ain’t worked out so well. But it was never about the drugs. The government don’t care about us dying. It was all about the government gaining more power and control over us. They use emotion all the time for this very reason. Many are in agreement with the government regulating drugs. Which equates to them being in agreement with the government having more power and control over us.
Dang, I agree with you…🤷‍♂️

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that once they got their way with abortion, we wouldn't see as many demonrats because they would all be aborted. Same with gays, they cannot reproduce, so how are they exponentially multiplying?
How do two straight people have a gay child? Show us where gays affected your life or even your marriage. I thought we we’re freedom lovers here. Live and let live. Geez. You think queers are peeking in your window dude.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. It's Portland, but the numbers aren't good.

Portland Drug Decriminalization Effort is a Tragedy

"The new law made possession of those substances no more than a Class E violation, the equivalent of a traffic ticket punishable by a maximum $100 fine. But the fine is dismissed when someone who is fined calls a help hotline, Lines for Life, and completes a health assessment. The idea is to connect drug abusers with services and treatment instead of putting them behind bars.

Sixteen months into this first-in-the-nation experiment, the numbers paint a bleak picture. Drug overdose deaths hit an all-time high in 2021 with 1069, a 41% increase from 2020. And very few people are getting into treatment. According to The Lund Report, after one year, just 136 people had entered treatment, less than 1% of those helped by Measure 110. But the actual number may be even lower."
I’m too lazy to look up the numbers in Oklahoma but it’s up exponentially. My neighbor died of overdose last week and have known a few just this year due to fentanyl. I’m not a druggie but know a few that relapsed from my AA group and other contacts. What does it matter to you? Just curious? Doctors prescribed opioids, then cut them off. Heroin is pretty rampant and possibly laced. I know a successful housewife that passed and then her son relapsed. Oklahoma doesn’t offer much of a rehab plan other than incarceration. Sad but true.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m too lazy to look up the numbers in Oklahoma but it’s up exponentially. My neighbor died of overdose last week and have known a few just this year due to fentanyl. I’m not a druggie but know a few that relapsed from my AA group and other contacts. What does it matter to you? Just curious? Doctors prescribed opioids, then cut them off. Heroin is pretty rampant and possibly laced. I know a successful housewife that passed and then her son relapsed. Oklahoma doesn’t offer much of a rehab plan other than incarceration. Sad but true.

You are doing a lot of deflecting today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom