Decriminalization? How Did That Work for Portland?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the stupid ones are taking others with them.

On another note, new study is showing people using pot are ending up in the hospital more often than non-users.
Usually see hyperemesis syndrome from edibles (at least I do). Too much pot can make you vomit uncontrollably as your body tries to purge your system of it. A lot of them won't believe the Doctor as they insist that pot helps with nausea (it does, but not in the amount these folks are using).

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very true but funny with all the claims that pot was safe and would not hurt people.
I would imagine even at the most fundamental level, breathing in smoke/vapor in intentionally concentrated quantities is not great for lung health even if it only contains the most benign compounds.
Usually see hyperemesis syndrome from edibles (at least I do). Too much pot can make you vomit uncontrollably as your body tries to purge your system of it. A lot of them won't believe the Doctor as they insist that pot helps with nausea (it does, but not in the amount these folks are using).
It blows my mind how high the concentrations are in some of the edibles and stuff. The fact that there are people that can eat hundreds of mg's of THC and "just knock the edge off" is a little concerning to me. At the end of the day, as long as they keep it in their home and aren't risking the well being of my family, I dont really care to police anyone's choices.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would imagine even at the most fundamental level, breathing in smoke/vapor in intentionally concentrated quantities is not great for lung health even if it only contains the most benign compounds.

It blows my mind how high the concentrations are in some of the edibles and stuff. The fact that there are people that can eat hundreds of mg's of THC and "just knock the edge off" is a little concerning to me. At the end of the day, as long as they keep it in their home and aren't risking the well being of my family, I dont really care to police anyone's choices.
Personally I agree, and there have been days when I wished I still did pot and had a brownie. Lob carb of course, but I have seen far to many friends and family ruin their lives over pot. I think if people used it like most people drank booze, just an occasional social drink, there would not be problems. Instead everyone I have personally known that used pot either moved on to harder drugs, or used it like some rednecks drink beer. All day, every day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom