Deer Processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old cast iron hand crank meat grinder with a huge opening.
Hooked to a 1/2" high torque 300rpm drill this is mounted on a 55 gallon fish aquarium metal stand with plywood top.
I can grind a 90lb field dressed deer in 7 minutes, if all the meat is cubed and ready.
No silver skin removed....speed it up for better cutting.

Now that is the cheap way out.
I actually had it mounted on my trailer hitch for first run to see if it would work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What grinder are you guys using? I have a cheap lem and it clogs really easy

Could be dull blades as already said, but those grinders wear a little on the back side of the auger sometimes
You might be able to put a real thin nylon or stainless washer behind it and see if that helps.
I had to do that to mine, and it sure made a difference.
You can sharpen the blades if you have an ultra fine hone. Use a lot of oil, and just use your finger tip in the center to make a figure 8 with the blade. Use very little down pressure.

badfish1977

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it yourself just like your ancestors would have. Get a kitchenaid mixer for your wife and just get the grinder attatchment and the sausage stuffer and thats all you need. Partially frozen meat does grind better.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always used Terry's and it's expensive, but his extras (brats, summer sausage, polish sausage,deer dogs) are great. Does anyone know of a good place in the McAlester area?

Latest posts

Top Bottom