Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I got out of my stand this morning and started to walk away, I jumped a mature buck (one on my hit list) that was bedded with a doe not 30 yds from my stand. They had to have been bedded when I walked in this morning and were holed up the whole time. Wind was in my favor so they never spooked until I went strolling by them. Hoping the decoy and some rattling might bring him in this evening.

Rattling and decoy only managed to bring in one doe that was soon run ragged by a little 6pt.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted Woodward County Saturday morning, majority activity before sunrise. Evening sit was right at dark activity. Only heard one shot all weekend, very surprised. Checked cams Sunday and chasing and bucks split up. New mature one showed up that I’m going after now. Looks like Thursday it’ll get better with weather and less moon imo.
21c92ce6dc2273e4f3ced07e1aedeace.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent 8 hours in stand today. Did a little recon close to the stand I was in after running a chainsaw to clear a shooting lane. Buddy almost stepped on a big copperhead which I dispatched with my ccl. After 2 shots, the snake was dead and a commotion was coming toward us. Here comes a doe full speed down the hill until she spotted us at 10 yards and took off. I brought in a small buck with fawn bleats around 6pm. Buddy was baking in stand so he went to the truck and sat on the 4 wheeler in the bed of the truck at the gate. He saw 2 young bucks, one of which came within 5 yards of the truck... I'd hiked a half mile in. Guess I'm trying too hard? Lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 5 does come in at 6:45, and shortly after they got started eating corn and grazing wheat, one of the 2 year old 8 points started chasing them around. He was casting his net far and wide for a little lovin’. All the does left with him but one...

Since the rivers have me blocked out of my favorite spots, I’m going back to the same stand this morning.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
2018 youth season. My son is eight and has spent many trips hunting with me as he grew up. Got him an apprentice tag this year and he made a perfect shot. Couldn’t be more proud of him, this is his first every deer that he harvested. View attachment 126234

Awesome buck, pass on the congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom