Deer Were Moving Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted up west of Pond Creek today and saw deer all day long. I got out of the stand at 1:00 and went to town and ate a burger and got some corn to replenish the feeder and got back in it about 3:00. Had 3 little bucks within 20 yrds but it is my brother's land and he told me not to shoot any little ones. Grunted in a nice 8 pt right at sundown and he got past without a shot and I grunted again and he circled me and came in 8 yrds to the north of me and of course, I was facing south toward the creek cause I had heard him splash across after I grunted. He spotted me in the ladder stand but never was sure what I was. Trotted off to about 30 yrds, outside my effective recurve range, and stopped and then slowly walked off. I grunted again when he was 60 yrds away and he turned and looked back and then started to walk off again. Grunted one more time and he turned around and ran back in and crossed 15 yrds behind me in the brush and I never had a shot. I never had a doe closer than 100 yrds but it was an exciting day of hunting. Had a brood of 3 skunks come under me but they were young and I decided to pass on them and wait on a bigger one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to agree. The deer were everywhere.
I didn't hunt in the AM as had a breakfast thing to attend, but got to the hunting area around 0930 Saw several bucks that were tending does within a couple of miles of getting there, but didn't see anything later on. I hope they are moving like that Sunday morning.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted Saturday on Corps land at Lake Tenkiller. Saw nothing while hunting. On the way there we saw a few does. On the way back we saw a spike and a monster 10 point, both standing in the middle of a highway. Apparently my bow isn't the right weapon for the job, seems a 1999 Chevy Silverado would work alot better. Hope things go better for gun season, I didn't see a single deer last year during gun.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and pulled my trail cam yesterday from where I will be hunting, which is on the southwest corner of Caddo County, almost Kiowa county.

Anyways, I have found out that the bucks aren't really chasing does down there. Every pic I had of bucks was just bucks, no does. Every group of does I saw, there was not a buck to be found.

Fid

Marksman
Reaction score
I hunted Saturday morning in Kay county. I didn't see a deer, although I got there late and was setting up my new Ameristep Outfitter combo stand for the first time. Probably not the smartest thing, I wasn't exactly quiet. Anyways, I did have two coyotes nearly run into me as I was standing still in the woods looking for a tree to set up in. They came haulin' ass around a corner at full speed, the first one never saw me, he came so close I nearly could have kicked him, the one right behind him saw me flinch, and peeled off. It was pretty cool, but no deer movement. I did see three dead deer on the side of the highway coming home. I can't tell if the rut is on like donkey kong or if we're just not there yet. BTW, I like the stand. I'd recommend it. The rapid rails are so much nicer than climbing. The platform on the stand is a little small though but with the fold up seat it's not too bad.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the little bucks cruising by. 18 month old 8 point.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_P1010020.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom