Deer Were Moving Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are chasing some on my place by Harrah. Had a doe run by getting ran hard by a young buck and a bit later 2 buck came through going same place they could care lEss about my grunt and snort wheeze I tried to lure them with

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noble County, Perry, Sunday morning:

7:02 a 4 ptr tried to suicide ram my car starting at 60 yds away and I was going 30 mph. He almost got me. :screwy:

7:10 saw 1 doe poking her head out of the woods about to walk out on wheat field about 125 yds away.

7:12 next field 50 turkeys and 1 doe on a bean field about 70 yds away.

7:30 setup in my hunting spot. 0 (zero) deer. I know I was late, but it was unavoidable.

Couldn't hunt Sunday sunset, so I started heading back to OKC at 3:45. Starting at 4:00 I saw a total of about 15 deer just on the other sides of fences along I-35. That includes two small 6 or 8 ptrs in different spots. They were looking around, not browsing. Two dead does on I-35, too.

The last three I saw were in Edmond, 60 yds off 2nd street (Route 66)between Coltrane and Bryant!

Too bad I didn't get to my spot before the sun came up and too bad I could not stay that night, because they sure seemed to be out yesterday evening.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a nice 8 pt run across the road in front of me today...coming out of Lakeside Golf Course and going into the Links Course. Must have been some does playing at the Links.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunday morning I went squirrel hunting on public land. I had three does cross a creek about twenty yards in front of me when I stopped for a short rest. The front one saw me but wasn't sure what I was and didn't get alarmed. About thirty minutes later I had a small four point walk right by me. I don't how he didn't see me. I think I'll go back to that area for rifle season. It's a long hike through some pretty thick stuff, but the deer are there.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my drive to work this morning, saw two bucks and three does. Bucks were by themselves walking in the ditch beside the road, with noses on the ground. One of them was right in front of a house.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sunday morning I went squirrel hunting on public land. I had three does cross a creek about twenty yards in front of me when I stopped for a short rest. The front one saw me but wasn't sure what I was and didn't get alarmed. About thirty minutes later I had a small four point walk right by me. I don't how he didn't see me. I think I'll go back to that area for rifle season. It's a long hike through some pretty thick stuff, but the deer are there.

Sounds like you found the spot. We will look forward to pictures.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and today... I have seen bucks chasing does around Choctaw road from the highway to the lake....the rut is in full swing around here. Hopefully it will still be 100% this weekend!

bowhunter34

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Today I saw more bucks chasing does than I believe I ever have in a day. I was driving all over today and seen bucks chasing at all times of the day. I must say I believe the rut in finally on here in Western Oklahoma...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had to go out to the dam at the lake today to work on the lake level controller, and saw several bucks chasing does. One was really nice! Chocolate brown rack with lots of mass and points.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom