Dewalt Drill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess yesterday's got erased?......Anyhow Westlake Ace Hardware has the Dewalt 14.4 volt cordless drill with 2 batteries, charger, and hard case for only $79.99...Pretty good deal seeing I haven't found it cheaper than $125 online or anywhere else. Averages around $150 most stores.

Now, I'm going to throw HSIG under the bus because he didn't tell us until AFTER I bought the 14.4 volt one, but Home Depot has the 18v Dewalt on sale for $99 at Home Depot.

Either way, both are a good deal. I think if you are not in construction or going to do heavy duty stuff all the time, the 14 volt will probably be fine.....anyhow I wanted to let you all know. They are only on sale through the 5th of September.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Batteries are not cheap. I froze a couple of 18 volts batteries... and it was cheaper to buy a tool and battery than replace those ruined batteries.

And they wonder why we are a throwaway society?

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its because the batteries that come with the sets, are less runtime than the batteries you buy separately!!

Is that your experience? My drill has a mfg. date of 2011. The batteries can't be that old. My father-in-law has never had any problems with his batteries out of his kit.

Bear88SS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are three bateries for the 18 volts:

regular (or slim) has a smaller runtime but are nicad and good for small work and a lighter rig,

xrp are still nicad but larger and last a good time and let you know before they run out of juice these are better suited for the saws (especialy sawzall) or heavy hammer drilling and give you much longer hard work time

and the lithiums which last around the same time as the xrp's between chargings but don't waste energy sitting not being used (burning off a charge), but the do last forever in the screwguns with light drilling or impart wrenches or lights, however when the lithiums do run out of charge the do so all at once without warning so if you are on a site in need of an extra and in a hard-to-get-to spot, better put another battery on your belt or you will be cussing your drill to no end.

From what I have seen, all batteries last the same whether bought with the drill or separately. Wow, I just really wrote that much about batteries.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
**Happy to see me or is that a drill in your pocket?***

lol She may be high maintenance but she's good to me so I think I'll keep her around a little while longer.

btw she tells me that there is a $10 off any $50 purchase and the gal at the register gave her the extra $10 off AND put another coupon in her hand on the way out the door too.

We are happy with the Ace over here. They treat us good better than Lowe's or Home Depot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom