Dewalt Drill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like GC's drill will spend a lot of time in storage. Be sure you don't store the batteries in extreme temperature conditions, i.e, the garage would be a place that sucks.

Batteries that aren't used much tend to die quicker and those subject to extreme temperatures even more so.

Well dammit!! The garage is EXACTLY where I told him to put it when he asked "Hey, can I plug this in in the house??" Guess I'll find a home for it in here. Thanks for the tip though. I'd have never guessed it.

LOL...like a vacation villa for power tools?

Yep. Very much like that! lol

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, hot weather's about over. Don't sweat it. I don't even leave mine plugged in when I'm not using them. I keep the batteries in my closet and the tools in the garage. They charge in nothing flat.

By the way, some people say I'm full of crap.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, hot weather's about over. Don't sweat it. I don't even leave mine plugged in when I'm not using them. I keep the batteries in my closet and the tools in the garage. They charge in nothing flat.

By the way, some people say I'm full of crap.

Huh!! Me too ... lol

No big deal, I already fixed him a spot in the spare bedroom to put it. Now if he will just get up and get it OFF "MY" kitchen counter! ;)

Mykah

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I work at Advantage Battery in Midwest City. We only charge $42 for 18v .. $38 for 14.4v ... and $35 for 12v. We have 24-48 hour turn around... We use XRP cells and have 1 year warranty. Shameless plug but we save people money!!

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only problem with Dewalt is their quality has went down hill in the last 5 years. I had a regular 14.4v drill, batteries died and like said it was cheaper to replace the entire unit so I bought a 14.4 XRP (they also have a 2 year warrnaty versus 1 year for a regular Dewalt). I only used this drill maybe 10x over the years, one battery died and it took an act of congress to get it replaced. Then when we moved into the new house last year I was trying to drill a hole in the wall and the damn thing shot flames and sparks out the back end.

Called Dewalt and sure enough out of warranty, but when I mentioned the flames and sparks the lady remembered a recall. Took it into the local store on Western in OKC and they rebuilt the entire inside of the thing with new motor, brushes, trigger and rebuilt the gear assembly for me under recall. I got lucky as this was a $200 drill when I bought it.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dewalt are okay for the weekend warrior. I use battery tools everyday to earn a living and will not waste my money on their stuff anymore. Got tired of crap batteries and throwing junk tools in the trash. It's a shame cause 10 years ago they were a good product. They seem to have fell to the quality of their Black and Decker line.

I tend to use Milwaukee tools almost exclusively now. I have an 18 and 24 lithium kit with hammer drill, circular saw, and sawzall. Never had to replace a battery. I also have a 14.4 nicad drill for years and never had a battery fail in that either.

I also have a lithium 12v screwdriver and impact that I wouldn't trade for anything. The impact will drive many 3 inch screws like nothin on a single charge. I would recommend this set to anyone. It came with a screwgun, impact driver, and flashlight for $149. Lots of power for a compact, easy to handle tools.

I also have a 18v rigid kit. It's okay, but doesn't feel as comfortable to use. The drill seems off balance and the reciprocating saw vibrates alot more than both my Milwaukee saws. When I bought it had lifetime warranty on batteries and have replaced a few. The tools have taken everything I put them through but aren't the first thing I grab to get the job done.

So far I perfer the lithium batteries. I like the fact that you have full power down the point the battery is dead. When you pull the trigger and nothing happens, the battery is dead. It doesn't start bogging down like nicad to let you know battery is weak. The first time I used lithium I thought my tool was broke when I pulled the trigger and nothing happened.

As mentioned makita does make a great drill also.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sears has a craftsman C3 19.2 volt 1/2" rechargable drill on sale. Comes with drill, 2 batteries, charger and a light attachment for $89.99. Reg price is $129.99 Item# 00917560000 Model# 17560

Does anyone have one of these?

Latest posts

Top Bottom