Dewalt Drill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol She may be high maintenance but she's good to me so I think I'll keep her around a little while longer.

btw she tells me that there is a $10 off any $50 purchase and the gal at the register gave her the extra $10 off AND put another coupon in her hand on the way out the door too.

We are happy with the Ace over here. They treat us good better than Lowe's or Home Depot.

This is a good store, here in Bethany.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will be the equivalent of the Glock vs. Colt debate but here goes, for fun sake:

DeWalt drills suck. We are hard on drills at work, and DeWalt hasn't been cutting it lately, poor battery life and durability. The little Makita drills on the other hand take a beating and keep going.

:-)

Home depot was running a sale on a 18V Makita set that included a drill, an impact driver, charger and batteries for under $200, not sure if it's over though.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will be the equivalent of the Glock vs. Colt debate but here goes, for fun sake:

DeWalt drills suck. We are hard on drills at work, and DeWalt hasn't been cutting it lately, poor battery life and durability. The little Makita drills on the other hand take a beating and keep going.

Home depot was running a sale on a 18V Makita set that included a drill, an impact driver, charger and batteries for under $200, not sure if it's over though.

No argument here, but Lowes has the same kit in DeWalt, regular $219 for $169, probably just for the weekend. I bought one last year when they went down to $149. I use the heck out of mine and it's done well.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We have both at my work, those little makitas are nice but i keep my dewalt because of the hammer drill function.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

GC is a lot of things but into home improvements is NOT one of them. That drill couldn't have picked a better place to live. BUT ... when you need one you need one and I'm tired of listening to him carry on when the extension cord is 6 inches too short to reach where he wants it. lol

(shhhhh ... don't tell him I said that! :lookaroun )

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like GC's drill will spend a lot of time in storage. Be sure you don't store the batteries in extreme temperature conditions, i.e, the garage would be a place that sucks.

Batteries that aren't used much tend to die quicker and those subject to extreme temperatures even more so.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have both at my work, those little makitas are nice but i keep my dewalt because of the hammer drill function.

Have you tried the little Makita impact driver....holy crap that's sweet. Even smaller than the drill but will sink a lag bolt like a hot knife through butter!

GC is a lot of things but into home improvements is NOT one of them. That drill couldn't have picked a better place to live. BUT ... when you need one you need one and I'm tired of listening to him carry on when the extension cord is 6 inches too short to reach where he wants it. lol

(shhhhh ... don't tell him I said that! :lookaroun )

LOL...like a vacation villa for power tools?

Latest posts

Top Bottom