Did we get any gun legislation this session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will our Legislators ever give us our rights

• Will They

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Won't They

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about National Guard training requirements is as that's a state issue, but the Army Reserve units are restricted to 40 rounds per year as a qualification.
We bring the Stillwater Reserve unit to our range in Ponca annually and they get a whole lot more than 40 rounds to shoot.
Sadly, most if not all the new recruits have had zero experience with Pistols.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that Dave is spot on. None of my Soldiers ever had M9 training. M4, yes and lots of it. But their not carrying M4s, they are carrying Glocks and Berettas. I on the other hand always had both a M9 and M4, yet I do not qualify under this new law. The feel good is strong in this one.

I would have to agree as well. Unless the thinking is firearms safety in general; but even then, Retirees still have far more firearms training than NG or Reserve guys.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, and none receive any training on the SDA. Add to that the theaters they may have carried in are drastically different than stateside during peacetime and not in the course of their duties.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you and I had as young men is not what we and I say we have not passed to our children that is our fault we took for granted and they must pay unless we can force the issue before we are gone.
Our kids will not know a time when they had that freedom
Our generation is the last to know 'unabridged' freedoms. What we see as restrictions, our kids see as normal.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call me cynical, but I think it's mostly a feel-good measure. The people writ large have a general fear of terrorist, nutjob mass shooters, etc. They see the police as protectors; they also see the military as protectors. They don't know that many servicemembers never receive handgun training, nor that fewer yet receive more than a familiarization course; all they know is that soldiers protect us from our enemies. Allowing active-duty servicemembers to carry makes the population feel like the legislature is Doing Something, putting armed protectors out on the street to look out for us. It makes us feel safer, and feel good about the politicians who did it. The small minority of us who know the facts, who care about individual liberty, won't be swayed either way by this, so we don't matter (in an electoral sense), and the masses feel a little better.

But then, some call me cynical.
All right then; you're cynical. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom