Did we get any gun legislation this session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will our Legislators ever give us our rights

• Will They

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Won't They

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any gun legislation that came out of this session of OK
Lawmakers that are of true benefit to local folks. Seems many states are giving the ultimate prize of constitutional carry in states that upfront seem more blue than OK I have had son's and daughters in law waiting they should not have to give up all their information to follow the Constitution that many of us fought for and did service to protect the public and seems with out this all other laws are in vain
Thanks for allowing my rant. 30+ years military and public service

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from the civics i can remember all the official documents concerning the establishment of the country "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed," then the Constitution set those rights into concrete.

all politicians can do is try to nibble away at those rights, or vote laws into effect that are on their face illegal.

i remember as a lad taking my entire fortune earned during a summer of mowing lawns to the local Otasco store and buying a 303 enfield for the princely sum of $18, slinging over my shoulder and walking home with it from downtown Edmond to home, 6 blocks east on Main street. no paper work, just plunk down my fortune and leave. came home from sunny southeast asia and TG&Y had WWII , still with nazi stamps, P38's for 79.99, bought, no paper out the door.

all that has been taken away, and you ask what they have or have not given? how can the give us something we already had?

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from the civics i can remember all the official documents concerning the establishment of the country "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed," then the Constitution set those rights into concrete.

all politicians can do is try to nibble away at those rights, or vote laws into effect that are on their face illegal.

i remember as a lad taking my entire fortune earned during a summer of mowing lawns to the local Otasco store and buying a 303 enfield for the princely sum of $18, slinging over my shoulder and walking home with it from downtown Edmond to home, 6 blocks east on Main street. no paper work, just plunk down my fortune and leave. came home from sunny southeast asia and TG&Y had WWII , still with nazi stamps, P38's for 79.99, bought, no paper out the door.

all that has been taken away, and you ask what they have or have not given? how can the give us something we already had?

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you and I had as young men is not what we and I say we have not passed to our children that is our fault we took for granted and they must pay unless we can force the issue before we are gone.
Our kids will not know a time when they had that freedom

memori

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Notable legislation passed:
HB1428, military members 18-20 can get a permit to carry before age 21.
SB35, people in active military who are 21 or older, their military id will be considered a carry permit.
SB40, pointing a firearm at a person in self-defense without shooting is no longer a crime.
SB397, allows you to carry on public buses if you have a permit to carry.

Last edited:

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they give us our right to carry wouldn't need all these half way bills
The reality is that the distinguished OU President's lobby group and the Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce make that extremely difficult to impossible to enact.
We REALLY need to get the Oklahoma constitution amended to protect our rights or we will go the way of Colorado someday after just one election that goes against us.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Notable legislation passed:
HB1428, military members 18-20 can get a permit to carry before age 21.
SB35, people in active military who are 21 or older, their military id will be considered a carry permit.
SB40, pointing a firearm at a person in self-defense without shooting is no longer a crime.
SB397, allows you to carry on public buses if you have a permit to carry.
Why didn't SB35 include retired military?

Latest posts

Top Bottom