Diets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last three days ive been using myfitnesspal app. Was 201 now 196.8. You can scan your food and select your servings. My goal is to loose the weight and add it to myself to increase my world record weighted pullup 185 lb bw with 225 lbs added.

My next contest in sept and its based on percentage.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started the year out at 239lbs and weighed in yesterday at 200lbs. I've been counting calories using MyNetDiary app on Android. It sounds just like the app you guys mentioned. I'm also doing the "Insanity" workout. I just finished week 3 today and I've lost 10lbs so far. Eating right and exercise will do the trick.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my points was to ignore the don't eat this people when it comes to stuff like fruit, trust me if you replace a typical fast food meal with fruit you will lose weight, the sugary carbs won't go straight to your thighs. Carbs unburned can cause you to gain weight faster then lean protein if your sedentary, when active they fuel and burn much more efficiently then fat and protein.

Look at food in history, the American population was much thinner in the 50's for numerous reason but mostly because of what was considered a normal portion and being more mobile.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year I decided to lose some weight and over a period of 3-4 months I went from 225 down to 178. No exercise, no watching what I ate. All I did was cut my portions in half. I still ate all the same stuff, (I loves me some ice cream!) I just ate half as much as I normally would. If I felt I wanted to eat something in between, I would munch on a piece of celery. It was so effective my friends began to tell me I had lost too much weight and needed to start eating more. I settled on an even 200 lbs. From that I learned just how much portion size alone affected my weight. YMMV...

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 6'2 and went from 305 to 225 between Oct and May eating a fairly strict paleo diet. Never went hungry and never, ever, counted calories. I hover between 224 - 227 now. I'm going to stay paleo for life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom