Dillon 550B Powder Station/Case Flaring question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys kinda feel like an a-hole. I rewatched the video that came with the machine and I can see the machine on the video doing the exact same thing my machine is doing. Thanks anyway. Mods, can ya'll delete this one?

Ok guys I know when you are flaring your case you need as little flare as possible. I have a question. While flaring 9mm cases in the Dillon 550B if I set the powder die and funnel so that I get a large flare the machine runs smoothly, the case comes cleanly and easily off of the powder funnel on the down stroke of the machine. However if I use what I think is the proper amount of flare, the machine "sticks" a little on the down stroke and I have to give a little extra push on the handle to keep things moving. Is this normal, or should there be no sticking?

Last edited:

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry guys kinda feel like an a-hole. I rewatched the video that came with the machine and I can see the machine on the video doing the exact same thing my machine is doing. Thanks anyway. Mods, can ya'll delete this one?

Ok guys I know when you are flaring your case you need as little flare as possible. I have a question. While flaring 9mm cases in the Dillon 550B if I set the powder die and funnel so that I get a large flare the machine runs smoothly, the case comes cleanly and easily off of the powder funnel on the down stroke of the machine. However if I use what I think is the proper amount of flare, the machine "sticks" a little on the down stroke and I have to give a little extra push on the handle to keep things moving. Is this normal, or should there be no sticking?

Should be on the upstroke of the handle that the case is coming off the powder funnel. Its fine if it sticks a little. Use as little bell as you need and use a smooth motion, all the way up, all the way down.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should be on the upstroke of the handle that the case is coming off the powder funnel. Its fine if it sticks a little. Use as little bell as you need and use a smooth motion, all the way up, all the way down.

Yes, it was on the upstroke of the handle. I think I might still have a little too much flare but all went well today. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom