Diners, Drive-Ins and Greasy Spoons..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go try Panda Grill @ sw 15th and Morgan road(1700 s Morgan). I had a bacon cheeseburger with fried egg and teriyaki chicken. My buddy had the Juarez burger and his wife got the 3x3! Good stuff!!!

View attachment 132602 View attachment 132603

In 2009, I moved away from the Westbury neighborhood that's right next to that. Guess I need to drive around the old neighborhood the next time I'm in OKC.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was that? It's been a while but I'm thinking we could ride up to 125cc (or maybe more) in the mid '70s.

I didn't have a street bike then, but I know one friend of mine had a 185cc Suzuki? that he rode around on at fifteen.
Your correct. My story was in the mid 60's. Don't remember the date but the CC's were increased to 125 later on. I bought a Yamaha twin jet 125 two cycle, two cylinder used and rode it for awhile but it had been laid down and the frame was tweeked.
A friend had a go kart frame with no engine, so we redneck engineered that engine into the frame keeping the foot shifter with a cable extension on the proper side, with the brake on the other.
That thing was scary fast.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Your correct. My story was in the mid 60's. Don't remember the date but the CC's were increased to 125 later on. I bought a Yamaha twin jet 125 two cycle, two cylinder used and rode it for awhile but it had been laid down and the frame was tweeked.
A friend had a go kart frame with no engine, so we redneck engineered that engine into the frame keeping the foot shifter with a cable extension on the proper side, with the brake on the other.
That thing was scary fast.
That reminds me of the go kart we built one time.

A friend's dad had a wrecker service and had a wrecked BSA that no one ever picked up so we asked if we could use the engine for a go kart. This thing was like a 650cc IIRC and I guess he didn't think we would get it together.

Well somehow we got the thing hooked up and running. You talk about scary fast!

We only drove it in a straight line then picked it up and pointed it in the other direction to go back to where we started.

After he heard us screaming up and down the street a few times he made us pull it all apart.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That reminds me of the go kart we built one time.

A friend's dad had a wrecker service and had a wrecked BSA that no one ever picked up so we asked if we could use the engine for a go kart. This thing was like a 650cc IIRC and I guess he didn't think we would get it together.

Well somehow we got the thing hooked up and running. You talk about scary fast!

We only drove it in a straight line then picked it up and pointed it in the other direction to go back to where we started.

After he heard us screaming up and down the street a few times he made us pull it all apart.
Holy crap, a 650? Suicide machine! LOL.

You win!!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Holy crap, a 650? Suicide machine! LOL.

You win!!
Yeah, there was no way we were going to go WFO on the throttle.

We would just feather it a bit to get to rolling and give it just enough gas to scare the bejesus out of us for a block or two then turn it around and go back.

Like I said, the fun didn't last long before his dad shut us down.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does that come with a side of rib spreaders or angioplasty?
If it didn't, it's for lightweights.

I didn't feel like going out to eat last night, so I had Fat Guys' delivered. I screwed up when I ordered, so I ended up with a jumbo bacon burger and a large fries. I couldn't finish the fries, and I was so stuffed I thought I was gonna die in my sleep. Oh, but it was good, though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom