DirecTV Gemini

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any of those. I do have DirecTV Streaming, which is different from DirecTV. I have AT&T fiber optic and a ROKU box.

Those "antennas" on the roof are a joke.

Hmmmm ... Just about the time I get ready to start making phone calls somebody posts something else in this thread and I start rethinking my plan ... I was thinking about getting an antenna, now you're making me wonder what I'm missing??

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have good, speedy internet, a streaming service is great. Those antenna services can be iffy. If there are tree limbs in the path, or it's heavily overcast, your signal can drop out. That doesn't happen with a streaming service.

However, if you don't have a high data rate on your internet, it can slow down and buffer. So nothing is perfect.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have good, speedy internet, a streaming service is great. Those antenna services can be iffy. If there are tree limbs in the path, or it's heavily overcast, your signal can drop out. That doesn't happen with a streaming service.

However, if you don't have a high data rate on your internet, it can slow down and buffer. So nothing is perfect.

Hmmmm ok. I think, given the fact that I listen to music on YouTube while he watches TV at night, so maybe I should just leave things like they are. 🤔🤔🤔 Good grief, why can't we just go back to when we had 3 channels and everything shut down after Johnny Carson went off ... 😁🤓

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm ok. I think, given the fact that I listen to music on YouTube while he watches TV at night, so maybe I should just leave things like they are. 🤔🤔🤔 Good grief, why can't we just go back to when we had 3 channels and everything shut down after Johnny Carson went off ... 😁🤓
Because almost everyone went to bed by 12. Cause they had to work the next day. Not so anymore.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBVT6SL...&aaxitk=debc41736ac1b55dccf0055a5e0b2c69&th=1This new tablo device has sparked my interest. It is almost like the old antenna Tivo with out the subscription cost. Works over your wifi for every Tv and such with no wiring and the Guide subscription is Free. So once you buy it and set it up No more cost. Works with your antenna and apps.
Take a look and tell me whats wrong with it.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I have a Roku and DirecTV streaming service. The cost for DTV has risen almost 2-fold since I got it, trying to save money and avoid Cox cable. DTV is about $85 a month now. Utter bullshite.

What is the best replacement for DTV streaming that will still provide the "usual" channels?

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one that seems to be popular is Youtube TV at something like $75 a month. The problem with it is that by the time you go thru and get the have to have channels your over the price of Directv stream. I want sports and I want to see a college football game when I want to see it, for me only Directv stream Choice package checks the boxes for me. There are other channels I like that are in my package that I like that is not on YTTV or you have to subscribe to it some where else. My Choice package is $108.00 a month with Unlimited DVR and it does just about what I want. The thing I hate to do is pay a little less and not get what I want. If you dont Like sports or news Fox, cnn and such Philo is a great pick at $25.00 a month and then get a antenna and your set. As a matter of fact that Tablo I described above for locals and Philo would just about knock it dead if you don't need sports.
Just some options.
Remember you have to be within 45 miles of the broadcast towers to get reliable DIGITAL signal via antenna and the you better have a good antenna.
Terrain and blockage will play a roll in it to.

Last edited:

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Face it people, there is no "perfect" solution to this. All you can do is pick whatever combination suits you best and hope it isn't too expensive.

The good thing is that none of those packages are as expensive as Cox Cable!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... Just about the time I get ready to start making phone calls somebody posts something else in this thread and I start rethinking my plan ... I was thinking about getting an antenna, now you're making me wonder what I'm missing??
I have one similar to this, its flat and the size of a sheet of paper. Its taped to the rear of my TV so its out of sight. Placement takes some experimenting for good signal.

https://www.amazon.com/TV-Antenna-D...=1699317548&sprefix=digital+an,aps,149&sr=8-3

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I have the cheapest ATT fiber internet and it runs great for $35 a month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom