Dirt mound after mowing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. So far the Gopher Hawk has been quick and easy...and you dont have to dig up a big spot to set it.

First catch was middle of body, so squirming.
Second was by front legs, so squirming.
Third was right around the neck, so clean kill.
Welcome to the thrill of trapping!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well a new one is winning. I cant seem to locate a tunnel around the fresh mound but instead a chamber and its deep. I set the trap on Friday and no luck through Saturday morning. I retrieved it and the mound was back this morning and I got another chamber but no tunnel. I guess I'm in for a fight?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well a new one is winning. I cant seem to locate a tunnel around the fresh mound but instead a chamber and its deep. I set the trap on Friday and no luck through Saturday morning. I retrieved it and the mound was back this morning and I got another chamber but no tunnel. I guess I'm in for a fight?
Can you work your way away from the chamber while probing for a narrower tunnel?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused now. Went out to try and probe around for a tunnel a bit further from the mound and located one. Trap didnt appear to be sprung, so when I went to relocate it there was resistance in the hole. I guess I know why.

20200927_102138.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom