Dirt mound after mowing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have been real active last few weeks. I have killed 3 in the last week or two. One was a real SOB he kept back filling and was using deep tunnels. I finally killed him after 2 days of setting traps. Moles are also on the move. I need to get some traps set for them also. What I don't get is why the people that don't give a crap about their lawn never seem to have mounds. SMH

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make a buck or two offering to trap this gopher out of that yard....or trade services for beer.
My son wants to start a business in my neighborhood trapping them. I paid one time to figure out what traps the pros used. Cost me $210 for 3 kills. He charged $80 to setup and $50 a critter as I recall with a max of $210 that was over 3 years ago. Wife said the guy that advertises all around Tulsa the Tunnel Rat pulled up in front of the house and started walking around the other day. She walked out and said my husband kills them himself so you must have the wrong address. I LOL when she told me that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son wants to start a business in my neighborhood trapping them. I paid one time to figure out what traps the pros used. Cost me $210 for 3 kills. He charged $80 to setup and $50 a critter as I recall with a max of $210 that was over 3 years ago. Wife said the guy that advertises all around Tulsa the Tunnel Rat pulled up in front of the house and started walking around the other day. She walked out and said my husband kills them himself so you must have the wrong address. I LOL when she told me that.
There is a need for a business. Gophers aren't hard to trap once one gets the method perfected. It would be a perfect job for your son. When we met I could tell he has good parenthood training. :hey3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there really that much money in it? Holy geez...I need to make some flyers and get some more traps!!!
When folks spend hundreds if not thousands on their lawns to make them perfect they will pay good money to get rid of moles and gophers.
I haven't perfected the mole trapping yet, but gophers are pretty easy to trap.
One might even contact the city to see if they need eradication in parks etc. I'm sure one would have to be insured and bonded to get jobs from the city though.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what the other guys charge but the guy I used was someones last name. like Johnson wildlife control or something. I was shocked how much it costs. I see at least half a dozen folks in my neighborhood use services and a bunch more need it. What pissed me off is I asked him how often I would need his services. He said maybe once a year and that the critters were very territorial bla bla bla. He caught those 3 and I had new ones in the tunnels 2 days later. Prior to finding Trap Line I couldn't catch them with anything and any poison I tried didn't work.

I know my kid could make a killing offering $25 for setup and $25 a critter. Hes just gonna need an investment of a few hundred in traps to get started.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what the other guys charge but the guy I used was someones last name. like Johnson wildlife control or something. I was shocked how much it costs. I see at least half a dozen folks in my neighborhood use services and a bunch more need it. What pissed me off is I asked him how often I would need his services. He said maybe once a year and that they critters were very territorial bla bla bla. He caught those 3 and I had new ones in the tunnels 2 days latter. Prior to finding Trap Line I couldn't catch them with anything and any poison I tried didn't work.

I know my kid could make a killing offering $25 for setup and $25 a critter. He just gonna need an investment of a few hundred in traps to get started.
When my Mom passed we were at the house with family and the front yard bushes had a terrible smell with little pellets all over the sidewalk.
Turned out to be bats that had got into the attic and were nesting in the gable vent. Called one of the wildlife guys about getting rid of them.
He said it would be over a thousand bucks.
An hour on the internet and I knew they didn't like moving air and didn't like light so I set up fans and flood lights in the attic.
Then around midnight one evening crawled into the attic and put screen wire behind the attic vents. Problem solved.
The people that hire the wildlife eradicators aren't willing to do the research to do the job themselves.
If they want to hire someone, your son could certainly do the job and start saving up some college money.
Edit: When furs were good my cousin bought a brand new truck with cash from his sale of the fur while in high school.

Latest posts

Top Bottom