Dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get to play on the tractor this weekend.

Talk about some good looking topsoil!

13DB9BCE-14E8-45D9-A29C-749EAC41A154.jpeg

And the 13 month old grandson sure liked watching the big truck drive through the backyard.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was good timing. The ground was like concrete now.
That ain't no lie! We haven't had a significant amount of rain in oologah for a while now. Last weekend when they were calling for rain we had one shower that ran through Skiatook and Collinsville but missed us completely. Hopefully this weekend will be different. On the bright side I think I've only mowed like 3 times this year. 🤣

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grandpa used to have me on the tractor with him plowing when I was 5. He would plow and then take a deep breath of that deep earthy sweet smell. He told me that smell was "clean dirt".

He died about 5 months later and I started working the soil plowing when I was 10. I will never forget the smell of clean dirt.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While in high school I worked for a farmer running an Alison 180 diesel tractor. Plowing and disking hundreds of acres. After high school I worked for him running a bull dozer.
For many years after that, if I smelled fresh dirt I smelled diesel, even when there was no diesel present. It's funny what your sense of smell can do to your memories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom