What would you do in this situation…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Future tip, for levelling and filling holes, equal parts sand and garden soil level out nice, add nutrients, and is easy enough for the grass to grow through it.

Yeah.. sand is a lot better for leveling but I wanted to add a little bit of nutrients to my soil too. And my only option in that case would be bagged garden soil and that stuff is expensive.

I don’t have all the options like y’all down in OKC. For example if I want compost I have to drive 45minutes north across the state line and get it in Kansas.

That is not top soil. Might be topsoil in the pan handle.

I think the dirt is topsoil. If you look past the rock is looks like the topsoil that I see on a almost daily basis doing gas pipeline repairs. Somehow it just got rock in it and I think it may have been some crap leftover in his dump truck whenever he dumped the top soil in his pile at the yard.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The big question is how it was advertised.....

Just "Topsoil" or "screened topsoil"! ????

I have more rocks than that in my topsoil when I till it up!

And I bet you have just as many below the roots of your grass!

Dump it out where you want it and get your harley power rake on the back of your tractor and do it up nice.

Scoop up the excess rocks after the power raking, and maybe find a good use for them too!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 10 yards or so of topsoil/garden soil mix from Minick Materials last year. I didn't have a single rock in it.

I would talk to him about it. He already dumped the load, I wouldn't expect a refund or discount or anything. But he might not be aware of the soil that he received from his supplier and may need to take care of it.

Minick has always been our go-to place -- mostly because they are extremely convenient (as in right down the street, literally). That said, their products are top-notch. Now if they will just get rid of the fat 20-something ***** who will wait on EVERY. SINGLE. MAN. -- young, old, fat, thin, handsome, ugly -- before she will wait on the old lady who has been waiting a half hour. 🤔🤔🤔🙄 (They WERE really busy that day but still ... She skipped right over me like I wasn't there. When Grumpy got his load and came in to see where I was because he had been waiting in the truck in the parking lot I said "This one is ALL yours. Apparently my boobs have given me superpowers and made me invisible." Half the men standing around in that t-tiny office looked at me and snickered. She tried to apologize but THAT ship had sailed quite a bit earlier. Lol Insecure girls are something else to watch in action. 🙄🙄🙄

Latest posts

Top Bottom