Divorce really is the gift that keeps on giving!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"HONK IF YOU'VE BEEN MARRIED TO ME." Bumper sticker for some of us.

If you are contemplating a divorce and are getting close to ten years married, pull the pin immediately so the spouse can't touch your retirement. My first wife told me she deeply regrets not staying a few months longer. "I'd be drawing a big chunk of your social security," was her statement, and she had the nerve to laugh.

I go for months without thinking of her or the others. That's when you know you are really divorced.

Oh--child support--"the screwin' you get for the screwin' you got."

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, brothers, I'll ask it again--if you've survived the big "D", moved on to a much better life with a much better woman, are generally loving your new life, only to have your ex try to F%%%ck it up for you--well, then you know, as I do, that divorce really is the gift that keeps on giving, so how about another hearty round of "Amens"? If "Amen" isn't your style, how about a "Hell, yeah!" or two? What say ye, brothers?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well at least I have something to look forward to since i'm going through one too!
I really hope there are no minor children involved. Were it not for my child, I could have easliy forgotten that my ex ever lived on the face of this planet. If there are children involved, I wish you all the best. Not all divorces yield a bitter harvest; maybe you will be luckier than I have been. Good luck, sir!

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look up the word succubus in the dictionary and each of you will see a picture of your exes.

LOL...that's the truth. Ten years for me but I made her agree to end it for ever when we signed the papers. What did it cost me. Everything. Literally. After 27 years I asked her to leave. Told her it will be over for ever if she took my deal. If she didn't want to take the deal she was still going to leave but the legal fight would be on! She got to choose all the furniture and furnishings she wanted from the house...with no input or argument from me. I gave her all the equity in the house...after I refinanced it of course. I gave her 75% of our 401K...she suggested I keep the 25%. I gave her all money in the savings account and I paid off her car, only two years old at the time. No alimony, no nothing after the papers were signed. Why did I do this. Many reasons but the main ones are our two kids, then 20 & 22, would know I ended things as well as I could...no regrets. The kids know what their mom is. I did not have to say one word...and wouldn't have said anything anyway. And, no one, even the ex, can say I treated her wrong at the end. I'm just now, ten years later, getting back to something of a decent life financially. Was it worth it . HELL YES!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hope there are no minor children involved. Were it not for my child, I could have easliy forgotten that my ex ever lived on the face of this planet. If there are children involved, I wish you all the best. Not all divorces yield a bitter harvest; maybe you will be luckier than I have been. Good luck, sir!

Yep, got a 4 year old. So far things are going OK with it all. I don't really want one but it takes 2 people in a marriage. Living alone isn't so bad though!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HELL YEAH !!! Count me in on this one to boys!!!
Mines been going on since the beginning of last year. Sad part about it, she is fighting over the dumbest chit LOL
She just gonna keep paying her lawyer to end up with nothing but a bunch of lawyer debt in the end.
We've got a 6 year old so it makes things a bit harder for sure.
And yes, just like you MightyMouse she's a PITA when it comes to me having a gf.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After a divorce, never marry a woman who has has had several kids. They tend to grow up and produce offspring and then not only do you have to buy your own kids and grandkids Christmas and Birthday gifts but you gotta buy her dang kids and grandkids gifts. Gradually you grow broke and a little upset. The new wives have friends who often fall upon hard times because of their own stupid fault and she wants to bail them out also. Life is hard but I don't have anything to compare it to-yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom