Do any of you carry a rifle or shotgun in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to hop from theater to theater, and I'm glad you all have the correct decoder ring. Is it bad form to join in my own mockery of someone else's mockery of others? GED, I think you've been all but condescending, but I guess some might mistake reasonable caution with condescension.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where everyone is coming from. GED I apperciate your concern, and I think your carring, not condesending. I think that every situation would need to be weighed individualy. I think I would be more likely to help out here in the boondocks than downtown tulsa, due to the likely hood of being turned into a bad guy by a jury of my "peers" (I doubt folks in town are all like us). However I like the idea of being abe to help if I have the gut feeling that maybe, just maybe I can prevent a catastrophy, and round these parts we only see a LEO bout once a month. There has been a meth lab taken down in town, so the crazies are here.

Forgive the spelling, this weather has froze my brain a little.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just tryin' to warn everybody that lawyers talk folks into sueing their "hero" left and right in this country nowadays. That's how they make money by getting others to sue people no matter what the circumstances are.

I'm from a generation that if one of us gets our ass kicked, we ALL get our asses kicked. People didn't used to sue a good samaritan for saving their life. So they suffered a broken arm or a flesh wound in the process of a citizen shooting an assailant. At least they walked away with their life! You stand up for the weak and protect the innocent nowadays and you're liable to be in debt to them for "damages" for the rest of your life.

It's crazy. :screwy:.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, is a shotgun with a pistol grip still considered a long gun? I'm looking through the statutes but after the 3rd paragraph I just start babbling because of the legaleze.

zork

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started carrying a rifle in the pick up when I heard a story of a hunter in Texas who was able to put a BG down from across a parking lot. I guess the BG was on a rampage, lives saved because hunter dan took him out.

I think of that every time I don't have one with me...not because I have some hero complex, but because I've been trained to, and it would suck to know that I could have helped out - in the right situation.

There was one case in Texas where a State Trooper made a traffic stop. The driver shot him down. A deer hunter was across the way, saw everything, and canceled the driver.

Now it would be better for the deer hunter to get the car's tag number and call 911. Less hassle that way.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was one case in Texas where a State Trooper made a traffic stop. The driver shot him down. A deer hunter was across the way, saw everything, and canceled the driver.

Now it would be better for the deer hunter to get the car's tag number and call 911. Less hassle that way.

Oh, I dunno. If that really happened, he saved the taxpayers quite a bit of cash. How did the trooper come out?

Shooter00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I believe that's the same story...I've got a speakerphone in the pickup, I'd probably get them on the line and narrate as I drew down on said BG.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Unless it were a stolen car and didn't lead to the actual perp. :( Surely there was a reason the guy popped a trooper in the first place, and it probably wasn't for unpaid parking tickers. :(

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could a SBR be carried in these circumstances? I don't know how the law would look at it if you left your car to go into the store, and there was a SBR unattended in the parking lot. What's the law on this?

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sxs fox 12 guage, in a sheath, behind the seat, various loads in the console, never know what kind of skunks is out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom