Do any of you carry a rifle or shotgun in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you too, GED. But what you are not aware of...is that I am a new operator in this theatre. If you know what I mean.

The blue canary pecks alone.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you too, GED. But what you are not aware of...is that I am a new operator in this theatre. If you know what I mean.

The blue canary pecks alone.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Just don't get yer fool self killed trying to rescue a total and complete stranger! :slap:

I know that's the "cowboy way" of doin' thangs, but getting yourself killed ain't doin' them folks any good. :disappoin

Like the nice Inspector Callahan said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

a4.bp.blogspot.com__nY72TdvmuKk_SLhGinvrg9I_AAAAAAAAAlc_sYiogcXENcE_s400_Mag_Force.JPG

Shooter00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started carrying a rifle in the pick up when I heard a story of a hunter in Texas who was able to put a BG down from across a parking lot. I guess the BG was on a rampage, lives saved because hunter dan took him out.

I think of that every time I don't have one with me...not because I have some hero complex, but because I've been trained to, and it would suck to know that I could have helped out - in the right situation.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes, doing the right thing isn't necessarily the "lawful" thing. I just can't imagine sitting idly by while others were being executed (read Ft. Hood, Luby's Cafeteria, etc.) if I had the tools and the training to stop it.

Just remember that what happens in the "situation" under EXTREME STRESS gets knocked down bit by bit in a CIVILIZED court of law.

You're actions may be chastized by legal counsel. :nono1:

I'm not sayin' it's right, I'm just sayin' it happens. :rolleyes2

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember that what happens in the "situation" under EXTREME STRESS gets knocked down bit by bit in a CIVILIZED court of law.

You're actions may be chastized by legal counsel. :nono1:

I'm not sayin' it's right, I'm just sayin' it happens. :rolleyes2

Whether the person acting on the behalf of innocent people is a police officer or a mere citizen, their actions WILL be chastised by legal counsel in a court of law.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whether the person acting on the behalf of innocent people is a police officer or a mere citizen, their actions WILL be chastised by legal counsel in a court of law.

You're right. I didn't distinguish between the two because in a court of law, it doesn't matter.

Hell, if anything me as a cop will fall under more scrutiny than an average citizen, because I'm suppossed to "know better" than the average Joe. :rolleyes2

Shooter00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered, in cases where a citizen did the "right" thing, even though it wasn't the "lawful" thing, what is the percentage of positive outcome? That grey area of the law, when everyone knows if a law hadn't been "bent" it would have been a whole lot worse...GED???

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wondered, in cases where a citizen did the "right" thing, even though it wasn't the "lawful" thing, what is the percentage of positive outcome? That grey area of the law, when everyone knows if a law hadn't been "bent" it would have been a whole lot worse...GED???

I would say it mostly depends on the person/people in peril. In a perfect world, anybody in their right mind would appreciate and welcome an armed civilian coming to their rescue.

However...

We live in a day and time, boys and girls, where the new age hippies are upon us. This is definitely the "me" generation and just because you saved their hyde, in their opinion...at least by their lawyer's standards...you caused them emotional pain and suffering, minor injuries which lead to missed work and loss of income. Not to mention, the entire ordeal caused the victim to acquire PTSD as well as losing $4.75 for the cup of Starbucks they dropped and $34.95 for the cleaning bill that they had to pay for their near ruined $85 Gap jeans.

You all laugh, but God as my witness, this is the **** that's happening in our society nowadays. In a world of frivilous lawsuits, attorneys are laughing all the way to the bank. Be careful, gentle readers, oh...be careful.

I received a PM from a nameless member who advised me that some of my posts were rather "condescending." It was not my intentions to tell anybody here that they didn't know what they were doing. I'm quite confident knowing that the majority of the members here know PRECISELY what the score is. Just like with anything else, there may be some members here that most definitely DO NOT need to carry a loaded firearm on their person.

I'll just stop at that.

All I'm trying to say is...BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Don't get yourself into something that you can't get out of. :rolleyes2

As the great Red Green says, "We're all in this together. Every, single one of us."

Latest posts

Top Bottom