Do any of you carry a rifle or shotgun in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a 870 in my trunk, but it started to rust, so I stopped keeping any weapons in my trunk.

I think having a weapon in the trunk could be useful, but one could argue that if you have time to get a weapon from your trunk, you have time to drive away.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think having a weapon in the trunk could be useful, but one could argue that if you have time to get a weapon from your trunk, you have time to drive away.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!!!

Seriously guys, if you make it to your car, why not just get the hell outta there? :ugh2:

I carry a shotgun in my patrol car at all times and one in my truck when I'm working private security detail at my PT job. Why? It's because that's my office and I don't get to get the hell outta there. I wear a badge. I gotta stay and fight.

YMMV...thank God. :rolleyes2

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!!!

Seriously guys, if you make it to your car, why not just get the hell outta there? :ugh2:

I carry a shotgun in my patrol car at all times and one in my truck when I'm working private security detail at my PT job. Why? It's because that's my office and I don't get to get the hell outta there. I wear a badge. I gotta stay and fight.

YMMV...thank God. :rolleyes2

I agree with you, if I can make it back to my vehicle I think I will get away.
I'm not gonna whip out a long gun and play rambo... :fullauto:

I think that beyond the because I can thing, the reasons that come to mind for carrying a long gun are the UT tower shooting and LA bank shoot out, and I realize that most LEO's now carry a long gun, but there are still chances for people to do bad things at any moment. Perhaps an armed citizen could help. Who knows.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you, if I can make it back to my vehicle I think I will get away.
I'm not gonna whip out a long gun and play rambo... :fullauto:

I think that beyond the because I can thing, the reasons that come to mind for carrying a long gun are the UT tower shooting and LA bank shoot out, and I realize that most LEO's now carry a long gun, but there are still chances for people to do bad things at any moment. Perhaps an armed citizen could help. Who knows.

This was my thought... if I live in a rural area, it may take 30 minutes for law enforcement to show up (reference recent shooting in Lincoln County). I'm damn sure not going to sit by while some dude blasts townspeople for half an hour.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was my thought... if I live in a rural area, it may take 30 minutes for law enforcement to show up (reference recent shooting in Lincoln County). I'm damn sure not going to sit by while some dude blasts townspeople for half an hour.

You might wanna read up on your SDA laws. I'm thinking it says something in there about coming to the aid of others. :rtfm:

Of course, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I don't think there's many of us here that would stand aside and let chaos happen without us trying to do something! :ugh2:

At least...I don't have that option...or luxury. :police2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might wanna read up on your SDA laws. I'm thinking it says something in there about coming to the aid of others. :rtfm:

Of course, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I don't think there's many of us here that would stand aside and let chaos happen without us trying to do something! :ugh2:

I know what the law says.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There are plenty of situations in which, though the barrel of someone else's weapon might temporarily be directed at another, a reasonable person could feel that his life is in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm. You don't have to be the checkout clerk, or even first in line, to be in immediate danger in a convenience store robbery for example. Extend the ranges and remove useful cover in a more rural area, and it could happen. Plus one might want to collect rabbits for the stew on the way home.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sometimes, doing the right thing isn't necessarily the "lawful" thing. I just can't imagine sitting idly by while others were being executed (read Ft. Hood, Luby's Cafeteria, etc.) if I had the tools and the training to stop it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what the law says.

There are plenty of situations in which, though the barrel of someone else's weapon might temporarily be directed at another, a reasonable person could feel that his life is in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm. You don't have to be the checkout clerk, or even first in line, to be in immediate danger in a convenience store robbery for example. Extend the ranges and remove useful cover in a more rural area, and it could happen. Plus one might want to collect rabbits for the stew on the way home.

Sometimes, doing the right thing isn't necessarily the "lawful" thing. I just can't imagine sitting idly by while others were being executed (read Ft. Hood, Luby's Cafeteria, etc.) if I had the tools and the training to stop it.

I hear you guys loud and clear and I'm with ya every step of the way.

I just don't want anybody getting in trouble or worse - DEAD!

All I'm sayin' is that dead heroes make lousy witnesses.

Use caution while coming to the aid of total strangers.

Lawsuits have started over very funny circumstances. :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom