Do any of you hunt over fruit trees?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a buddy from work bring me a whole bucket of pears. Set them out and got a ton of coyote pics. Would of never thought they would like pears more than the deer. Went back to corn and no more yotes.

When the wild plums go ripe I see the seeds in coyote scat all the time, they're definitely omnivores and have no issue not eating meat if there's none readily available

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We've hunted persimmon as well. Quickly figured out that the best way to hunt them is to get them coming TO the grove, not necessarily IN the grove. It was the only way we could catch them during shooting hours.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the persimmons at my place have been completed covered in web worms this year.

Mine too, and the persimmons all look bad because of it. The web worms are terrible this year, on the other hand, the oaks at my places are absolutely loaded down with acorns. I think with all the growth and the acorns its gonna be a challenge to locate the deer on my spots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom