Do those fake owls actually keep squirrels away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tired of all the squirrels climbing on the house. Also just bought a polesaw to trim the trees back, but I'd like to be as thorough as possible.

Any other legal methods of discouraging these little shits from getting on my house?

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do shoot them with pellets and BBs if I catch them on the roof, but they don't seem to care much, they'll run off but be back in a hour.

Moving a fake owl regularly sounds like a headache.

How far will a squirrel jump? And will they still jump on the house if they know they can't get off the same way? Will they just end up scaling the house?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do shoot them with pellets and BBs if I catch them on the roof, but they don't seem to care much, they'll run off but be back in a hour.

Moving a fake owl regularly sounds like a headache.

How far will a squirrel jump? And will they still jump on the house if they know they can't get off the same way? Will they just end up scaling the house?
We cut some branches away, but it didn't do a damn bit of good, they just climb up the gutter downspouts. Like you, I really wish we could find a way to keep the little bastards off the roof.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tired of all the squirrels climbing on the house. Also just bought a polesaw to trim the trees back, but I'd like to be as thorough as possible.

Any other legal methods of discouraging these little shits from getting on my house?
What is their reason for being on the roof in the first place? Is it to facilitate jumping from tree to tree?

Remove the reason or their access and you remove the squirrels.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna say "No"...

1706113206640.png

1706113253438.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom