Do you believe in ghosts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edgar - you really need to get rid of that AVATAR of that mouth breathing:drooling:, window licking:cry11:, booger eating moron:zzz:, Secretary of the US Dept of Homeland Security and former Gov of AZ of Janet Napolitano.:screwy:

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe............no. Would like to see one......heck yes!!

As a kid growing up in the country, and having been an explorer....I can say that I have not sen a ghost.

So, what makes my experiences so "technical"?? As a kid I use to coon hunt by myself and with a few cousins that were my age. I started at or around the age of 9-10 years old going alone(not with my dad or older relatives). Growing up, where I did... North of Chandler and East of Carney, old one room school houses were plentiful. They built them about every three miles so kids could walk to school. I have spent many a time with cousins and by myself in these old abandoned school houses looking for my hounds or with my hounds in the school with me.

There use to be a segragated(black) school house and a cemetary by it that twice, I spent the night in there with my hounds because of the storms and not wanting to walk home for miles in that type of weather. I have cut through a few graveyards as a shortcut to get home quicker while coonhunting. Several times I did this ONLY by the moonlight.

At or around the age of 13-14, I had a dirtbike that I burned up the dirt rodes and pastures with. Friends and I would camp out in old abandoned homesteads. One was a homestead that was confirmed, the lady owner hanged herself in the old house and myself and friends camped out waiting and hoping for a ghost!!

I have found several family cemetaries that people have long forgotten and waited for a ghost. I was even dared as a kid to sleep in a cemetary on a child's grave(1910..1912, I can't remember). I have been to a few family wakes( Irish tradition) and sat by deceased realitives, one time while eating lunch!! I have worked part time in a County Medical Examiners Office while obtaining one of my Masters in Science.

What little "stated" experience I have had with the ghostly realms, I have not seen, heard, nor sensed any ghost(s). I have really wanted to as a youngster and have wondered when confronted with post-mortem type classes in college and when working part-time in that field.

Sadly, I have not. But would have an open mind when confronted with FACTS!!

Cohiba

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck Ya' I beleive in ghosts, My wife has a copy of a security video from a dollar general store in Coweta, It shows good footage of a ghost walking around the store and when it gets close to the cash registers the screens light up and register tape starts coming out of the machines like someone is ringing up stuff. You can make out the figure very easily. Yes I beleive!!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do believe in spirits and have seen a few things through the years as I enjoy ghost hunting as a hobby. That said most "ghost" are residual hauntings. Things imprinted on the surroundings that kind of replay over and over. There is no real ghost to these, no intelligence or controlling spirit, just a recording of something that happened in the past.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe that hereford cattle in the dark will make you think you're seeing a ghost.

I also know that if you send some kids to a graveyard with sheets, and then bring some girls, and the kids VERY SLOWLY stand up from behind headstones under a bright full moon, that the girls will believe in ghosts. Hell, it scared me and I knew what was happening.

I also know that if my brother hides under a grave cover (small roof built over the grave, I've only seen them at Wheelock Cemetery near Millerton, OK) and an unsuspecting kid walks by, and he reaches out and grabs the kid's ankle and starts growling, that kid will believe in ghosts, and he will also be able to run much faster than he ever thought possible.

I also know that foxfire under an old tombstone will raise the hair on your neck. Something about a bluish glow emanating from the bottom of a tombstone is kinda spooky.

My sis-in-law in Lawton claimed to have seen an elderly man in the hallway of her house several times, then he'd disappear. My neices say he would come to their bedroom and look at the toys, but he, it whatever was never threatening or scary in any way.

Personally, I'm not much of a believer in them, but I won't call someone a liar if they say they've seen one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom