Do You Carry While Doing Yard Work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Carry While Doing Yard Work?

• Total voters

Griffin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming you are on your own property couldn't you carry concealed or open with or without a CCW?

I haven't taken the time to affirm the legality of this yet but I carry open-ish on my midtown home when outside. I am not old enough to be eligible for a CCW but with the drastic increase of crime in my area I made the choice to be armed when possible.

My house is one of the few homes on the block that hasn't been robbed yet and I intend to keep it that way if I can.

Even if this technically doesn't fit within our current gun laws I doubt I will change my method, there are times when when security and safety transcend any draconian law, and this is defiantly one of those times.

Chris Griffin

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming you are on your own property couldn't you carry concealed or open with or without a CCW?

I haven't taken the time to affirm the legality of this yet but I carry open-ish on my midtown home when outside. I am not old enough to be eligible for a CCW but with the drastic increase of crime in my area I made the choice to be armed when possible.

My house is one of the few homes on the block that hasn't been robbed yet and I intend to keep it that way if I can.

Even if this technically doesn't fit within our current gun laws I doubt I will change my method, there are times when when security and safety transcend any draconian law, and this is defiantly one of those times.

Chris Griffin

Pretty sure that's not legal. Stupid law, yes, but the law just the same (as I understand it).

TDH1988

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like using this word by definition, but the law MAY describe this as "brandishing" a weapon. Us CCWs cannot carry open, so I recommend for your best interest, don't carry openly outside. If you are not old enough to get your CCW, then I assume you are also not 21, old enough to buy a firearm. I think the cops could really make a big deal out of this if your neighbors were to call them on you. I don't think I would risk this, as it COULD effect your ability to get your CCW license in the future if caught. I'm not an expert, just my two cents. Protect yourself and your family at all costs, but do it wisely to keep yourself out of trouble

good luck

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My lawn is brown with this triple digit heat, I haven't mown in weeks, gonna do my very best to protect mine, I never want to be without my weapon o choice, in the country or in the city I'm ready for bad animals or the bad guys, never know when I'm gonna come upon a RABID SKUNK.
It does pay to be ready, "I know" I've been there and done that..Dad blam possums/Coons/coyotes...stay away from my chickens and family..

Latest posts

Top Bottom