Do you mount your deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you mount your deer

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I don't mean beastiallity or necrophilia and I did not say "dear", but do you just shoot for meat?

Thanks for cutting off the smart-butts that would have put something on the site like this........like me:D:D
Put three deer a year in the freezer for me.
Now, my preference is that a 200 lb field dressed mature 10 point puts a whole lot more meat in the freezer than a spike and it still counts for a buck.

Yes, I do mount what I consider to be my trophy deer.
To others they might be cull deer, or what-ever.
They are mine, I suffered through freezing temps, dragged them across lots of bad terrain and can look at them every day and remember the hunt.:D

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mounted my first buck. I told my wife I'd mount any deer larger. I shot one the next two seasons, with the last being a 167 gross, 140 net Cy Curtis buck I shot 13 years ago. I have not had one mounted since.....

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hunt for the meat, but any Bucks that we get that are at least 4 points are put into the freezer until we can take the skulls up to be cleaned. We are not picky about "trophy" deer. Me not having to buy ground beef the next year is more important than a skull on my wall. We just get the skulls cleaned. He does not like the mounts that are used.

We have 1 hanging already and one waiting in the freezer to take to Skulls Unlimited. <-We also have my brothers nice Buck in the freezer - Meat and head. Since they have been in a year, might be my time to claim for myself->

Also, if we decide not to mount the bucks, we always keep the antlers. I have several spikes in a pretty glass bowl on my kitchen table, and a decent shed on my coffee table.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I do mount what I consider to be my trophy deer. To others they might be cull deer, or what-ever.
They are mine, I suffered through freezing temps, dragged them across lots of bad terrain and can look at them every day and remember the hunt.:D

Let me further clarify, none of the deer on the wall have ever been scored, nor do I think that they would score well (ignorant as to how the scoring goes and don't really care to learn) but they are OUR trophies and that is why we have them. We can tell you about each and every one of them... where they were shot, how we found them etc...

I can see where people could think that I was trying to brag about the deer, I am not because we don't have anything to brag about (maybe my brother but I'm not bragging on his deer) just a bunch of good times and good hunts!

Carry on!

Latest posts

Top Bottom