Do you think any of our LEO not supporting OK SDA or conceal carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that you may be confused as to the qualification of the typical LEO. GC is the exception when it comes to safety and ability, the average officer is no safer with a weapon than the average citizen.

And you know this for fact how? Love how you hate on cops, but have no experience in law enforcement.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let's take a look at these analogies here. For one, you can't leave your blackness or your gayness at home or in the car. Being black is not a right. Being gay is not a right. Bear bear arms is considered a right. Not being discriminated against for being black/gay/Christian/Japanese/etc. is considered a right. Not being discriminated against for bearing arms is not a right. I have a constitutional right to free speech, but there are limits to that right in public and private places. If I am shouting "fire" in a crowed movie theater, I can be kicked out or banned. Further, if I am talking rudely to a theater employee I can be kicked out or banned. If I am simply talking audibly at all during a movie, I can get kicked out or banned.

Saying "no black" or "no gays" is making rule barring types of people regardless any behavior on the part of those people. CC carriers are not a "type of person" in the same way (though I'm not sure I agree with JB's take on "protected classes"). An armed person is being banned because of something they are doing.

He can ban anyBODY he wants. As mentioned above, you can legally be kicked out of a private business for doing or saying many things (even as little as just saying things the owner or employees don't like). I can ban TedKennedy from my business, but I cannot ban all Irish Catholics from my store.

I've been to clubs where there were signs that said that I was not allowed to wear a ballcap or bring in a gun. Having hats and guns are both perfectly legal for me and rights protected by the constitution. And the club is under no obligation to ensure that I can practice every single constitutional right I have when I'm within their walls.

Pretty sure you CAN leave your gayness in the car. I have NEVER seen someone who was recognizable as gay through ethnic/racial characteristics.

The government has the legal obligation to not discriminate based on certain parameters. This obligation, as practiced by the government, is nullified, as it happens continuously. A private individual technically has no obligation of any kind to not discriminate. However, the villagers will assemble with pitchforks and torches to make you comply provided it is THEIR best interests or opinion. I have just described one of the condition of neoliberalism and dogooderism(the neocon version).
I give you the example that sexual proclivity is somehow now akin to ethnicity and/or race.

This gentleman is entitled to his opinion and rules. I am entitled to ignore his silly, self-important sign on his door by not entering his establishment.

That's why 'Murrica is great. 'Murrica will become even greater when this Commie diversionary diversity crap is fini.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sick of these threads.

Who cares, carry concealed and eat there, or try to make your point by not going.

In the end, no one cares.

Eat there, or dont!!

Ya'll get over the damn gunbuster signs!!!

Agreed. He has the same right to ban guns just as we have the same right to carry. What makes our right outweigh his? If I spent a ton of money and invested in a business and it was my livelihood, I will determine who I hire, and what I let go on, , who I let enter, blah blah blah.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
~snip~

This gentleman is entitled to his opinion and rules. I am entitled to ignore his silly, self-important sign on his door by not entering his establishment.

~snip~
This is the bottom line for me. You can either do this or ignore the sign, making certain he doesn't see your firearm. Concealed is concealed, after all.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great discussion here. Bottom line is, we are not going there to eat. I am going to call them and say: I was going to enter his restaurant, but after I,d seen his not friendly gun buster note/sign, as a good citizen and conceal carrier, all my friends and I will not do business with him. Hope he will change his mind.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great discussion here. Bottom line is, we are not going there to eat. I am going to call them and say: I was going to enter his restaurant, but after I,d seen his not friendly gun buster note/sign, as a good citizen and conceal carrier, all my friends and I will not do business with him. Hope he will change his mind.
I think we should voice out our opinion too, in addition of the action of not doing business with him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom