Doe in heat (tinks 69)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used it and a buck walked past it and then went into the woods.
Came back out and crossed right where it was. He died.

My buddy and I hunted pipelines and he had to wizz and did so over 400 yards from where he was going to sit.
Yea he wizzed on the pipeline and a deer came out of the woods and sniffed it.

Next day I wizzed a stones throw from where I was hunting and 2 does came out to investigate.
I had to test it.

The deer is a curious critter and many people have been awakened in the woods by deer sniffing them.

My buddy smokes and they come running to get some of that.

For cover scent if you are worried about that I have found burning a small pile of grass and leaves and sticks to make lots of smoke and then walk around in the smoke before going into the woods works best.

Snuff the fire out of course and the woods and you smell like a fire.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My buddy and I hunted pipelines and he had to wizz and did so over 400 yards from where he was going to sit.

Next day I wizzed a stones throw from where I was hunting and 2 does came out to investigate.
I had to test it.

The deer is a curious critter and many people have been awakened in the woods by deer sniffing them.

For cover scent if you are worried about that I have found burning a small pile of grass and leaves and sticks to make lots of smoke and then walk around in the smoke before going into the woods works best.

@kwaynem
You smoking your drawers tonight?!?🤣

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
James Valley Scents are the only deer scent I have ever seen a big buck react to. I put their Dominate Buck territorial infringement scent on a rub for the evening hunt and the next morning that tree was uprooted and mangled laying beside the scrape. About an hour after I got in my stand a big buck circled me grunting like a low toned growl and after he peed on the scrape he attacked that tree and took off with it tangled in his antlers. That evening he came back grunting and I missed a 30yd shot

Last edited:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I had to test it.

I watched a few videos on that and thought about trying it myself still might

Latest posts

Top Bottom