Does "30-round clip" really mean ALL firearms with a detatchable magazine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is, the bill is being written by people who dont have an everloving clue about what they are talking about. So there is no way to tell exactly what they mean, because they dont know.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from another forum
i.imgur.com_0PuK0ec.jpg

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine don't use clips, they use magazines.

But can you fit 30 clips in your magazine? If so your a horrible person out for blood! Only way to keep them is renounce your citizenship and get on food stamps!

I bet you have one of those scary pistol grips that are only made to club baby seals don't ya! If you got one of those shoulder things that goes up and keeps you from burning your hand on the barrel you are a truely sick individual. How do you sleep at night?

They might as well ban everything and put us in slave camps working to pay off the nations debt while they live in luxury. Seems thats all they want to do. Terrorists are the only ones for these stupid "laws".

Just remember unConstitutional laws aren't laws! This country must not fall!

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No - they will be subject to a ban because they possess the detachable mag, along with a pistol grip, muzzle device, or shoulder thing that goes up.

Well, that's what I was thinking. Virtually every modern firearm is semi-auto and takes a detachable magazine, so it appears that everything can be construed as an evil fully-automatic assault weapon.

I've been searching everywhere for the shoulder thing that goes up and some high-capacity AK clips to fit a Mini-14 AK-47 assault rifle, but you know how hard it is to find AK-47 clips for a Mini-14, these days. My good friend found some AK-47 clips and to fit his son's Ruger 10/22 AK-47 assault rifle that already has the shoulder thing that goes up and the barrel shroud with 2 things that goes down.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't flame on me too hard, but since a lot of the liberal talking heads are replacing the term "assault weapon" with "semi-automatic", can't the arguement be made that revolvers should be banned as well? After all, semi-automatic means the weapon fires one round every time the trigger is pulled, and that is how revolvers work. I can just see them trying that with their twisted mentality and all.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that's what I was thinking. Virtually every modern firearm is semi-auto and takes a detachable magazine, so it appears that everything can be construed as an evil fully-automatic assault weapon.

I've been searching everywhere for the shoulder thing that goes up and some high-capacity AK clips to fit a Mini-14 AK-47 assault rifle, but you know how hard it is to find AK-47 clips for a Mini-14, these days. My good friend found some AK-47 clips and to fit his son's Ruger 10/22 AK-47 assault rifle that already has the shoulder thing that goes up and the barrel shroud with 2 things that goes down.

YEP ,....Now Ya got it ....Right On!

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:lmfao: That's just priceless!

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Col Cooper drove the clip vs. mag point into my head decades ago. I have never forgot it. I was well known (before I retired) for correcting guys at work for using the term clip instead of magazines. Unless they we're talking about stripper clips or M1 Garands, etc. After awhile, they took to doing it on purpose just to get my reaction. Good times.

I bought a new Marlin XT-22 mag at Wal-Marts last week. Impulse buy while looking at the pi** poor ammo selection. Seems I can resist anything but temptation. It has an extra hang tag on the barrel that proclaimed this rifle comes with an extra 7 round "clip"!

I vowed to email Marlin and tell them about thier transgression, but am going to wait untill I put the Marlin through a gew more paces. Going great thus far. Good function,reliability, etc. Had to order some different types of 22 mag ammo for fututre test. Ok, I'm, digressing.

The point I'm going the long way around to make is that even the manufacturers are not immune to using incorrect desctriptions.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Virtually every modern firearm is semi-auto? Pump, bolt action, single shot, relvover = semi-auto... try some modern firearms are semi-auto. There are some bolt action that use a magazine, and I've even seen a pump with a magazine (though it was really strange). We need to be clear with our language or people will get the wrong ideas.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've asked myself the same question. I mean one pull of the trigger equals one round fired in a DA revolver. Not much of a stretch for the gun grabbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom