Does anyone use the Viridian C5L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellow109r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a light laser combo and this seems to be bright and small because the light is next to laser and not below it seems by the pictures it is a small unit
Anyone have experience with this laser

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am wanting one to put on my M&P Compact, but I haven't made the leap yet.

I have been wanting to ask others opinions on the C5L also.

Hopefully someone here can give us some info, like, is it worth the price.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the C5L which is the newest version but I do have the X5L for my fullsize XD 40. I like it a lot!

-The green laser is super bright and the light is very adequate in a dark room. I can't tell a big difference between it and the Streamlight on my AR. You can see the laser even on a sunny day at a greater distance than you would expect
-The mounting is quick and I have never had it move or lose zero from firing my firearm
-The light has some good features such as strobe, dim, etc that I like
-I like that I can turn it on with either hand from a simple touch of a button
-Viridian customer service is excellent. I haven't had any real problems but one button kept getting stuck a little and I'm super picky so I sent it back
-They are a little pricey but worth the money IMO. I have recommended to several people.

Yellow109r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of anyone buys one here is one bit of info found interesting The early ones made had a huge problem cross threading when installing the battery cap so I email Viridian and here's what they said

"""Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in Viridian Green Laser Sights. We are aware of the cross threading issues in earlier produced C5L's, but our engineers have since improved the tooling of this part to alleviate that problem. I would say anything with a serial number above C017000 should be safe. There is also a good chance that if you are purchasing from a larger dealer or online retailer, they will have newer inventory as our C5L's are selling out pretty quickly.

I hope this helps guide your decision. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with"""""

So anyone that has a serial number C017000 or above is good

But All the ones I have found used on various site ( armslist, eBay, gunbroker, glock talk ) they are all "like new" only used once" ?????? And all have serial numbers 13000-16500
I don't know if they are having problems with these or what but
$200-230 used
$275 new
Don't know if it is worth takings chance
And FYI the warranty is only good for the first person that got it so if it used and only a day old u still can get it fixed if you are not the original buyer

Latest posts

Top Bottom