Doe's eat place, my review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So last weekend me and my girl went to try a new restaurant in claremore called doe's eat place. We got there a little late about 20:30, were seated by the waitress and shown the menu. The prices are kind of high. We had the shrimp as an appetizer, that was $11 for six shrimp!! Then, I had the 16oz sirloin steak, that was $21 I believe and the girlfriend had the grilled shrimp. So, my steak came out and it was med rare like I asked. The disappointment was the flavor, that had to be the blandest steak I have ever ate in my life. It was bland, and flavorless. For dessert we had the chocolate Cabernet ice cream which wasn't bad. So, for $71 plus tip I wasn't impressed at all. I don't think I'll be going there again.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never understood why it costs over 20 bucks for a damned steak. I can buy a big ol' ribeye at the grocery store for around 10 bucks or less and grill it better than any restaurant out there. It's not rocket science. Hell, IMO fried chicken is more of a pain in the ass than a steak.

I season my steak with Lawry's seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, coarse ground black pepper and just a whisper of Head Country rub and ground basil. Throw it on the grill, about halfway thru cooking, rotate it about a 1/4 turn to get those gorgeous grill marks, flip it, remove from fire, put on a plate then put a thick pad of real butter right in the center and let it melt.

How hard is that? :ugh2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the review AKguy! We need to know where to go and where not to go regarding restraurants, they say, "We are what we eat" and I hate to pay for bad food. Sometimes I think I'm too negative or critical but dang, if we don't watch our money someone else will!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might just be my local TX Roadhouse in Lawton. The steak is so salty, we always order it unseasoned. I wish they could all be as good as the Stillwater location.
I lived in Lawton for 2 years from 2014-16. I never have seen food service anywhere as bad as it was in that town. TX Roadhouse and Teds which neither are my favorite restaurants for what they sell; where still my two main restaurants for eating out. I would eat there because they consistently had good service. I also couldn't believe how high rent along with just about everything else was compared to Tulsa. I figured military town stuff should be cheaper. HA..

Oh I do miss the S&B burger joint though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom